Westpac provides disaster relief package for customers affected by severe flooding in the Swan Valley, WA
14 February, 2017
Westpac today announced that its Disaster Relief Package is available to customers in Western Australia who are facing financial hardship following the flooding in the Swan Valley and surrounding communities.
Jason Green, State General Manager Western Australia, said Westpac’s Disaster Relief Package offers immediate practical help to assist customers with their finances.
"Our thoughts are with our affected customers during this difficult time, and we wish to let them know that we have options available that can help them get back on their feet.
“I encourage anyone who needs assistance or advice to contact their local Westpac Bank Manager or call our Westpac Assist team on 1800 067 497 as soon as possible to discuss their circumstances,” Mr Green said.
The Westpac Disaster Relief Package offers various options*, including the following:
- Affected customers with Westpac home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months;
- Affected businesses can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank fees such as establishment fees and break costs;
- Affected credit card customers may request an emergency credit limit increase;
- Affected credit card customers may apply to defer repayments to their card for up to 90 days;
- Customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted interest rate with no establishment fee;
- Westpac may waive interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits; and
- Affected Westpac customers with Home and Contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance under the terms of their insurance policies for emergency accommodation.
Westpac customers who wish to utilise these special relief measures or need assistance should contact Westpac on 1300 731 073, Westpac Assist on phone 1800 067 497, or alternatively call their local Bank Manager. This offer is available for customers to take up within three months of today’s date.
All affected insurance customers should contact Westpac on 1300 369 989 so that we may assist with emergency accommodation. Claims can be lodged 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling this number.
Our assessors are on the ground and ready to assist all customers in the worst affected areas. Customers should not put themselves at risk by going into affected areas to retrieve insurance documents or to take photographs. We understand proof of loss may not be possible and we will accept the word of customers in these instances.
*Westpac Home & Contents Insurance is issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited (WGIL) ABN 99 003 719 319 (except workers compensation cover where applicable). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank) arranges the insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Terms, conditions and limitations and exclusions apply. Read the Product Disclosure Statement to see if this insurance is right for you. WGIL is a subsidiary of the Bank.
*Eligibility and credit criteria, terms and conditions apply. This information has been prepared without taking your objectives, needs and overall financial information into account. For further information or to request the full terms and conditions please contact Westpac on the numbers stated above.
© Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.