Westpac provides disaster relief package for customers impacted by bushfires in Western Australia
8 January 2016
Westpac today announced that its Disaster Relief Package is available to customers suffering hardship following the bushfires that have devastated areas south of Perth in Western Australia.
Westpac's State General Manager, Western Australia, Sharon Russell said that Westpac's Disaster Relief Package offers immediate practical help to assist customers to manage the impact of the bushfires on their finances.
"Our thoughts are with those who have been affected by the recent bushfires; our deepest sympathies also go out to those families who have lost their homes and to the people who have been injured.
"Westpac staff stand ready to support our customers who have been affected by this devastating natural disaster. I encourage all affected customers to contact their local Westpac Bank Manager as soon as possible to discuss their circumstances and the financial relief available," Ms. Russell said.
The Disaster Relief Package offers:
- Affected customers with Westpac home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
- Affected credit card customers may request an emergency credit limit increase.
- Affected credit card customer may apply to defer repayments to their card for up to 90 days.
- Customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted interest rate with no establishment fee.
- Westpac will waive interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits.
- Affected Westpac customers with Home and Contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation.
Customers experiencing severe hardship will also be offered a halt on all interest accrual on unsecured credit products for a period of up to three months.
Westpac customers who wish to utilise these special relief measures or need assistance should contact Westpac on 1300 731 073, Westpac Assist on phone 1800 067 497, or alternatively call their local Bank Manager.
All affected customers should contact us on 1300 369 989 so that we can assist with temporary accommodation and emergency funds. Claims can be lodged 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling this number.
Our assessors are on the ground and ready to assist all customers in the worst affected areas. Customers should not put themselves at risk by going into affected areas to retrieve insurance documents or to take photographs. We understand proof of loss may not be possible and we will accept the word of customers in these instances.
* Westpac Home & Contents Insurance is issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited and distributed by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank). The Bank does not guarantee the insurance.