Westpac provides disaster relief package for customers impacted by the East Coast Low severe weather event
Westpac today announced that its Disaster Relief Package is available to customers suffering hardship following the East Coast Low severe weather event last weekend.
Westpac's Group General Manager of Retail & Premium Bank, Bernadette Inglis said the relief package offers immediate and practical assistance to help customers manage the impact of the severe weather event on their finances.
"Many people have been impacted by the recent severe weather and we would like to reassure our customers and the wider community that we are here to support them through this challenging time.
"Our dedicated teams across Australia are ready to support customers and I encourage all who have been affected to contact their local Westpac Bank Manager as soon as possible to discuss their circumstances," Ms Inglis said.
The Disaster Relief Package offers:
- Affected customers with Westpac home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months
- Affected businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
- Affected credit card customers may request an emergency credit limit increase.
- Affected credit card customer may apply to defer repayments to their credit cards for up to 90 days.
- Customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted interest rate with no establishment fee.
- Westpac will waive interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits.
- Affected Westpac customers with Home and Contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation.
Westpac customers who wish to utilise these special relief measures or need other assistance should contact Westpac Assist on phone 1800 067 497, or alternatively call their local Bank Manager.
Insurance customers can make a claim using the online insurance claims service via their smartphones or tablets. This service is available via Westpac's online claims service at www.westpac.com.au > Insurance > Home and Contents Insurance > I want to > Make a claim.
All affected customers can contact us on 1300 369 989 so that we can assist in need with temporary accommodation and emergency funds. Claims can be lodged 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling this number.
* Westpac Home & Contents Insurance is issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited and distributed by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank). The Bank does not guarantee the insurance.