Westpac provides disaster relief package for customers impacted by floods in Forbes
27 September 2016
Westpac today announced that its Disaster Relief Package is available to customers suffering hardship following the flooding in Forbes, New South Wales.
James Cudmore, Westpac NSW State General Manager, NSW Regional & ACT, said Westpac’s Disaster Relief Package offers immediate practical help to assist customers to manage the impact of the floods on their finances.
“Our thoughts are with those who have been affected by this devastating event, and our staff are here to support all customers. I encourage those affected to contact their local Westpac Bank Manager or call our Westpac Assist team on 1800 067 497 as soon as possible to discuss their circumstances and the financial relief we can offer,” Mr Cudmore said.
The Westpac Disaster Relief Package offers various options*, including the following:
- Affected customers with Westpac home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months;
- Affected businesses can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank fees such as establishment fees and break costs;
- Affected credit card customers may request an emergency credit limit increase;
- Affected credit card customer may apply to defer repayments to their card for up to 90 days;
- Customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted interest rate with no establishment fee;
- Westpac may waive interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits; and
- Affected Westpac customers with Home and Contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation.
Westpac customers who wish to utilise these special relief measures or need assistance should contact Westpac on 1300 731 073, Westpac Assist on phone 1800 067 497, or alternatively call their local Bank Manager.
All affected insurance customers should contact us on 1300 369 989 so that we may assist with temporary accommodation and emergency funds. Claims can be lodged 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling this number.
Our assessors are on the ground and ready to assist all customers in the worst affected areas. Customers should not put themselves at risk by going into affected areas to retrieve insurance documents or to take photographs. We understand proof of loss may not be possible and we will accept the word of customers in these instances.
* Westpac Home & Contents Insurance is issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited and distributed by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank). The Bank does not guarantee the insurance.
* Eligibility criteria, terms and conditions apply. For further information or to request the full terms and conditions please contact Westpac on the numbers stated above.