Westpac Online Investing launches Daily Share Tracker
3 July 2013
Research and trading ideas based on individual portfolio and trading activities
Westpac Online Investing has launched Daily Share Tracker - an Australian-first feature which provides independent research and trading ideas based on a client’s individual share portfolio and trading behaviour. The new service will be delivered to each client’s inbox every day and will make it easier to track their investments.
Daily Share Tracker was launched in response to investor demand for market research and stock picking recommendations. A recent client survey conducted on behalf of Westpac showed that:
- 43% of investors choose their stockbroker based on quality of research offered and research tools
- 41% of investors said stock picking recommendations would increase their satisfaction with their online broker
- 27% of investors said trading strategies are valuable to them.
Source: Investment Trends - December 2012
“Our most recent client survey showed that investors put a high value on the quality of research and accompanying research tools from their online broker,” said James Staltari, Head of Westpac Online Investing. “This new service is in response to our client demand for individually-tailored market research and strategies.
“The Daily Share Tracker will give our customers an easy way to monitor their existing investments. It’s a snapshot – a concise way of seeing how your portfolio is doing. It will also keep investors ahead of the pack with market updates, trading ideas, research and investment strategies.”
Some of the features of the Daily Share Tracker include:
- it changes depending on trading behaviour
- it tracks and provides key market information on up to 15 shares that a client currently holds or has recently traded
- the Dividend Tracker finds high yield shares that are going ex-dividend in the next 30 days
- it provides a snapshot of the key markets, currencies and commodities from around the world
- it provides analyst reports on different shares each week
- it has video interviews with independent industry experts
- it gives investment ideas for customers.