Westpac offers disaster relief to WA bushfire victims
8 February 2011
Westpac today announced that its Disaster Relief Package is available to customers suffering hardship following the bushfires that have devastated suburbs of Perth and surrounding areas including (but not exclusive to) Kelmscott, Roleystone, Baskerville, Millendon, Red Hill and Brigadoon.
Westpac WA Regional General Manager, Metro North East, Gordon Cooper said that Westpac’s Disaster Relief Package offers immediate practical help to assist customers to manage the impact of the bushfires on their finances.
“Westpac staff stand ready to support our customers who have been affected by this devastating natural disaster.
“I encourage all affected customers to contact their local Westpac Bank Manager as soon as possible to discuss their circumstances and the financial relief available,” Mr Cooper said.
The Disaster Relief Package offers:
- Affected customers with Westpac home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
- Affected credit card customers may request an emergency credit limit increase.
- Affected credit card customer may apply defer payments to their card for 90 days
- Customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted rate with no establishment fee
- Westpac will waive interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits
- Affected Westpac customers with home and contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation.
Westpac customers who wish to utilise these special relief measures, or need assistance with lost credit cards or insurance should contact Westpac on 132 032 for consumers or 132 142 for businesses, or Westpac Assist on phone 1800 067 497or their local Bank Manager.