Westpac provides Disaster Relief Package following floods in Victoria
18 January 2011
Westpac has extended its Disaster Relief Package as the latest part of its strategy to assist customers seriously affected by the floods in the Campaspe Shire Council and Horsham Rural Council areas of Victoria, including (but not exclusive to) the towns and surrounding districts of Horsham and Rochester.
Westpac has put together a package which offers practical help by giving immediate financial relief to affected customers.
“Westpac stands ready to help anyone who has been affected by these floods,” Westpac Victoria State General Manager, Retail Banking, Julie Rynski said.
"I encourage all affected Westpac customers to talk to their local Bank Manager so that we can assist with any financial headaches caused by this natural disaster.”
Westpac Victoria State General Manager, Commercial and Agribusiness, Rick Aylett said that business and farming customers who had been hit by the floods should not hesitate to contact Westpac to discuss their situation.
“As always we are here to support our customers through good times and bad, and to help them manage the impact of the floods on their finances,” Mr Aylett said.
The relief package offers:
- Affected customers with Westpac home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
- Affected credit card customers may request an emergency credit limit increase.
- Affected credit card customer may apply defer payments to their card for 90 days
- Customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted rate with no establishment fee
- Westpac will waive interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits
- Affected Westpac customers with home and contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation.
Westpac customers who wish to utilise these special relief measures or need assistance with lost credit cards or insurance should contact Westpac Telephone Banking on 132 032, Business Direct on phone 132 142, Westpac Assist on phone 1800 067 497 or their local Bank Manager.