Westpac provides special relief package following severe storm in Melbourne and regional Victoria
9 March 2010
Westpac today announced a special relief package to assist customers seriously affected by the recent storms and flooding in Melbourne and parts of regional Victoria.
"Our thoughts are with everybody affected by the storms over the long weekend, some of whom are Westpac customers," said Westpac’s State General Manager for Victoria, David Hyde.
"We understand how situations like this can affect our customers' financial circumstances and at this time they do not need the additional burden of worries over financial commitments.
"Westpac has put together a package which offers practical help by giving some immediate financial relief.”
The relief package offers:
- Affected customers with Westpac home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
- Affected credit card customers may request an emergency credit limit increase.
- Affected customers with Westpac personal loans can apply to refinance their loan at a discounted fixed interest rate.
- Westpac will waive interest penalties for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits.
Westpac customers who wish to take advantage of these special relief measures or need assistance with lost or stolen credit cards or insurance should contact their nearest Westpac branch or call Westpac Assist on 1800 067 497.