Westpac provides special relief package following floods in the South West and surrounding districts.
6 December 2010
Westpac today announced the details of its Disaster Relief Package to assist customers seriously affected by the floods in the South West region of New South Wales, including Wagga Wagga and the Gundagai, Weddin, Wellington, Warrumbungle, Cootamundra, Coonamble, Harden, Young, Cabonne, and Dubbo shires.
Westpac customers living in the areas downstream of the Murrumbidgee River which are yet to flood will also be able to access the package if required. This includes the townships of Narrandera and Hay.
Westpac has put together a package which offers practical help by giving immediate financial relief to affected customers.
"Our thoughts are with everybody affected by these floods, many of whom are Westpac customers," Westpac Regional General Manager Riverina & South West NSW Michael Flagg said.
"We understand how situations like this can affect our customers' financial circumstances and I encourage all affected Westpac customers to talk to their local Bank Manager so that we can assist.”
Westpac’s Head of Commercial & Agribusiness for Riverina & South West NSW, Lee Kimball, encouraged business and farming customers affected by the floods to contact Westpac to discuss their situation: “We are here to support out customers through this difficult period and to help them manage the impact of the floods on their finances”.
The relief package offers:
- Affected customers with Westpac home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
- Affected credit card customers may request an emergency credit limit increase.
- Affected credit card customer may apply defer payments to their card for 90 days
- Customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted rate with no establishment fee
- Westpac will waive interest penalties for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits.
- Affected Westpac customers with home and contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation.
Westpac customers who wish to utilise these special relief measures or need assistance with lost credit cards or insurance should contact Westpac Telephone Banking on 132 032, Business Direct on phone 132 142, Westpac Assist on phone 1800 067 497or their business banking relationship manager.