Disaster Relief Package – Victoria
5 September 2010
Westpac today announced the details of its Disaster Relief Package to assist people affected by the floods in north eastern and central Victoria. Westpac is also assisting people to obtain emergency funds provided by the Victorian Government via issuance of stored value cards.
In addition, Westpac has a number of branches on standby to open today should the need arise.
Westpac has put together a package which offers practical help by giving immediate financial relief to affected customers.
"Our thoughts are with everybody affected by these floods, many of whom are Westpac customers," Westpac Victorian State Manager, Mark Paton said.
"We understand how situations like this can affect our customers' financial circumstances and at this time they do not need the additional burden of worries over financial commitments.”
The relief package offers:
- Affected customers with Westpac home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
- Affected credit card customers may request an emergency credit limit increase.
- Affected customers with Westpac personal loans can apply to refinance their loan at a discounted fixed interest rate.
- Westpac will waive interest penalties for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits.
- General insurance assessment and decisions will be fast tracked.
Westpac customers who wish to take advantage of these special relief measures or need assistance with lost or stolen credit cards or insurance should contact Westpac Telephone Banking on 132 032, Business Direct on 132 142, their local branch or their banking relationship manager.