Westpac provides special relief package following abattoir closure in Young
4 February 2010
Westpac today announced a special relief package to assist customers who are employees of Burrangong Meat Processors, affected by the closure of the abattoir in Young.
"Our thoughts are with everybody affected by the closure, some of whom are Westpac customers," said Westpac’s Regional General Manager for Riverina and South West NSW, Michael Flagg.
"We understand how situations like this can affect our customers' financial circumstances and at this time they do not need the additional burden of worries over financial commitments.
"Westpac has put together a package which offers practical help by giving some immediate financial relief.”
The relief package offers:
- Affected customers with Westpac home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
- Affected credit card customers may request an emergency credit limit increase.
- Affected customers with Westpac personal loans can apply to refinance their loan at a discounted fixed interest rate.
- Westpac will waive interest penalties for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits.
“In addition we’d like to offer affected workers and their families a free consultation with our financial planners so they can understand what their options are for their financial future,” concluded Michael.
Westpac customers who wish to take advantage of these special relief measures or need assistance should contact the Westpac branch in Young, or call Westpac Assist on 1800 067 497.