Westpac provides special relief package following floods in Queensland
29 December 2010
Westpac today announced the details of its Disaster Relief Package to assist customers seriously affected by the floods across Queensland, including (but not exclusive to) Theodore, Warra, Emerald, Chinchilla and Dalby, Warwick, Mundubbera, Bundaberg, Alpha, Woodgate, Jericho and Rockhampton.
Westpac has put together a package which offers practical help by giving immediate financial relief to affected customers.
"Our thoughts are with everybody affected by these floods, many of whom are Westpac customers," Westpac Qld State General Manager Regional, Commercial and Agribusiness Rod Kelly said.
"We understand how situations like this can affect our customers' financial circumstances and I encourage all affected Westpac customers to talk to their local Bank Manager or Relationship Manager so that we can assist.”
Westpac Queensland State General Manager Commercial Banking Greg Crocombe encouraged business and farming customers affected by the floods to contact Westpac to discuss their situation: “We are here to support all of our customers through this difficult period and to help them manage the impact of the floods on their finances,” Greg said.
The relief package offers:
- Affected customers with Westpac home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected businesses with existing loans should contact their Relationship Manager.
- Affected credit card customers may request an emergency credit limit increase.
- Affected credit card customer may apply defer payments to their card for 90 days.
- Customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted rate with no establishment fee.
- Westpac will waive interest penalties for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits.
- Affected Westpac customers with home and contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation.
Westpac’s Regional General Manager, Brisbane and South West Queensland, Ross Gillam urged Westpac customers who wish to utilise these special relief measures or who need assistance with lost credit cards or insurance to contact their local Bank Manager or Relationship Manager or to call Westpac Telephone Banking on 132 032, Business Direct on phone 132 142, or Westpac Assist on phone 1800 067 497.