Westpac provides special relief package following floods in the Riverina and surrounding districts.
18 October 2010
Westpac today announced the details of its Disaster Relief Package to assist customers seriously affected by the floods in the Riverina and surrounding districts.
Westpac has put together a package which offers practical help by giving immediate financial relief to affected customers.
"Our thoughts are with everybody affected by these floods, many of whom are Westpac customers," Westpac Regional General Manager Riverina & South West Slopes Michael Flagg said.
"We understand how situations like this can affect our customers' financial circumstances and at this time they do not need the additional burden of worries over financial commitments.”
Westpac’s Head of Commercial & Agribusiness for Riverina & South West Slopes, Lee Kimball, encouraged business and farming customers affected by the floods to contact Westpac to discuss their situation: “We are here to support out customers through this difficult period and to help them manage the impact of the floods on their finances”.
The relief package offers:
- Affected customers with Westpac home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
- Affected credit card customers may request an emergency credit limit increase.
- Affected customers with Westpac personal loans can apply to refinance their loan at a discounted fixed interest rate.
- Westpac will waive interest penalties for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits.
- Affected Westpac customers with home and contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation.
Westpac customers who wish to take advantage of these special relief measures should contact their local branch or their banking relationship manager.