Altitude Black Card
Our Altitude Black credit card brings you a high, uncapped points earn rate with your preferred rewards program, airport lounge access3, complimentary insurances4 and other black card benefits.
Our Altitude Black credit card gives you...
Complimentary lounge passes3
Enjoy 2 complimentary passes to the Priority Pass or Qantas Club international lounges depending on your program. See FAQs below for how to redeem.
Complimentary insurance covers4
Complimentary cover for overseas travel, extended warranty, purchase security, transit accidents, subject to the terms and conditions set out in the Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy.
Personal Concierge Service
Exclusive to Westpac Altitude Black cardholders, the Personal Concierge Service lets you browse and book experiences online, including hard-to-get tickets, last-minute restaurant bookings and more.
Find out more
Rewards and offers
Receive cashback offers from a range of retailers when you make purchases on your Westpac Altitude Black card, and unlock additional offers through logging in to to Westpac Live and visiting your Offers Hub. See FAQs below for more information on Westpac Extras.
Frequently asked questions
As a current Westpac Altitude Black cardholder, you are eligible for complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance cover, provided you:
1. You either permanently reside in Australia or hold a current and valid residency Visa and reside in Australia; and
2. You spend at least $A500 on your prepaid travel costs (i.e. your travel costs that you pay for before leaving Australia) and you charge these costs to your Altitude Black card. This could include return travel tickets, airport or departure taxes, overseas accommodation etc.; and
3. You have a return overseas travel ticket before departing Australia; and
4. You are not over 80 years of age when you first become eligible for this cover by meeting the above conditions.
Overseas travel insurance4 (see policy for details)
- Medical and hospital expenses incurred overseas;
- Loss or damage to personal property;
- Loss or damage to travel documents;
- Personal liability cover;
- Rental vehicle excess cover for loss or damage to rental vehicle;
- Unexpected cancellation of travel arrangements and other unexpected expenses.
Transit accident insurance4
Transit accident insurance cover against specified accidental death or injury when sustained while riding, boarding or alighting as a passenger in a plane, bus, train or ferry when you have purchased the tickets for the entire trip using your Altitude Black card before you leave.
Purchase security insurance4
4 months cover against loss, theft or accidental damage for a range of new personal items purchased in Australia and overseas using your Altitude Black Card.
Extended warranty insurance4
Up to 24 months extended warranty insurance cover (in addition to the manufacturer's expressed Australian warranty) on a range of new personal items purchased using your Altitude Black card.
We’ve recently partnered with Ten Lifestyle Services. Westpac Altitude Black cardholders will now be able to browse and book experiences with ease, purchase hard-to-get tickets, make last-minute restaurant reservations and more, all online. You can find out more here, or reach our Lifestyle Managers on 1300 651 999 (option 4) for 24/7 personalised assistance.
Westpac Extras gives you special offers and discounts with popular brands through in-store or online offers. There are 2 ways you can enjoy the benefits of Westpac Extras – through cashback offers, simply by making purchases using your Westpac Black credit card or by logging into Westpac Live and redeeming regularly updated offers available in your Rewards & Offers hub.
- Check your offers in your nominated email inbox or login to Westpac Live to view eligible offers
- Shop at the participating stores using your Westpac Black credit card
- Cashback automatically credited to your account within 7 days.
Exclusive offers and discounts:
- Register for Westpac Live
- View your tailored offers on entertainment, fashion and everyday items when you login and view your Rewards & Offers hub
- Enjoy the discounted offers instore or online.
Points earned on eligible purchases6:
- Altitude Rewards: 1.25 Altitude Points per $1
- Altitude Qantas: 0.75 Qantas Points per $1
You don’t earn reward points on:
- Cash advances
- Balance transfers
- Government charges (other than the GST payable in connection with the purchase of goods or services which you earn points for)
- Interest, bank fees and charges (including any GST payable on any of these)
- BPAY payments (bill payments).
Checking your points balance
With an Altitude Points earning card, you can earn Altitude Points with every eligible purchase and redeem them for premium brands and lifestyle products, gift cards and frequent flyer points in a range of airline programs.
Checking your points balance is easy:
- If you’re registered for Online Banking, your points balance will display within Online Banking
- Log into altituderewards.com.au
- Contact the Altitude Rewards centre on 1300 887 820.
With a Qantas Points earning card, you can redeem points for flights on Qantas and its partner airlines. You can check your Qantas Points balance by logging into the Qantas Frequent Flyer site.
Redeeming your points
Redeeming Altitude Points
To redeem your Altitude Points, simply log into the Altitude Rewards site. You’ll need to register first of all – just follow the prompts in the sign in section from the homepage.
You can also log in through Westpac Online Banking, if you’re registered for Online Banking.
Please note that only primary cardholders can redeem points.
Redeeming Qantas Points
If you have a card which earns Qantas Points you can redeem your points by logging into your frequent flyer programs through the airlines’ website.
Please note that only primary cardholders can redeem points.
Things you should know
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
6. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Altitude Points and Qantas Points are subject to the Altitude Terms and Conditions. Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the Altitude Terms and Conditions. You do not receive points if your card account is in arrears for 2 consecutive statement cycles and in other circumstances. Refer to the Altitude Terms and Conditions for information on how you earn points on transactions. Qantas Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your respective Points balance on a monthly basis.
Altitude Rewards: You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem Altitude Points for frequent flyer points. The Altitude Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant frequent flyer program apply. A joining fee may apply. Availability of Reward flights may be limited. For more information on the Altitude Rewards program, visit altituderewards.com.au.
Altitude Qantas: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. An annual $50 Qantas Rewards fee applies for customers who choose to earn Qantas Points through Altitude Qantas rewards program.
Qantas products and services: Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights with a QF flight number purchased directly from Qantas.com; Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and/ or annual fees. For full Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions, visit Qantas.com/terms.
Concierge Services for Altitude Black. Concierge services are provided by a third party supplier. For further details including terms and conditions visit www.westpac.tenconcierge.com
3. Complimentary lounge passes disclaimers:
3. Complimentary Lounge Passes
Priority Pass Membership: complimentary Priority Pass membership is available to Westpac Altitude Black primary cardholders earning Altitude Points through the Altitude Rewards program. It requires enrolment through prioritypass.com/westpacblack. The Primary Cardholder receives two complimentary visits in any 12-month period, one of which may be used by an accompanying guest. Subsequent visits in the 12-month period incur an additional cost, currently US$32 per person, per visit, which will be automatically charged to the primary cardholder's Altitude Black card. A Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee will apply to the conversion amount. Unused visits expire and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. Visit the Contact Us page on www.prioritypass.com for enquiries about the Priority Pass program. Subject to the Priority Pass Conditions Of Use.
Qantas Club Complimentary Lounge Invitations: As a Westpac Altitude Black card cardholder earning Qantas Points, you are eligible for two Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations within each 12-month period of your anniversary registration date when you register your Altitude Black card via loungepass.altitudeblack.com.au and use your card in Australia to purchase selected Qantas products and services. Selected Qantas products and services are the following items purchased directly from Qantas: Qantas passenger flights (with a QF flight number), Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees. Excludes Jetstar, Qantas Holidays, Qantas branded non-airfare products and any Qantas products and services not purchased directly from Qantas.
The Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations will be made available within 14 business days of meeting eligible spend via the Qantas Complimentary Invitations Portal, provided you are not in breach of the and your account remains open. Log in to the portal using your Qantas Frequent Flyer account to access your invitation, link it with an eligible Qantas flight booking, or to find out more information. To receive your Complimentary Invitations, you must have provided Westpac with your Qantas Frequent Flyer Number. If you have not yet registered for your complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer Membership, you may join at qantaspoints.com/ffjoinwestpac.
Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations are provided courtesy of Westpac, and are valid for Qantas Club and Qantas operated International Business Lounges only (excluding Los Angeles Tom Bradley Airport lounge). Not valid in International First Class lounges, Chairman's Lounge, Qantas Domestic Business, Qantas oneworld® alliance airline, partner airline or associated lounges. Each invitation is valid for a single visit before the expiry date specified on the invitation, when travelling with Qantas or Jetstar with a Qantas (QF) or Jetstar (JQ, 3K, GK, BL) flight number. Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations must not be resold. Qantas reserves the right to cancel invitations and disqualify future invitations that are in breach of this policy.
Access and use is subject to Qantas Club rules which are available at qantas.com/qantasclub. Access may not be available if the applicable lounge is full or near capacity, at the full discretion of lounge staff. Access and use of Qantas Club lounges is subject to Qantas Club terms and conditions.
Virgin Australia Domestic Lounge Passes Two complimentary single-entry Virgin Australia Domestic Lounge Passes are available to Westpac Altitude Black Mastercard cardholders earning Velocity Points through the Altitude Velocity rewards program. To be eligible, your card account must not be in arrears for more than two consecutive statement cycles in accordance with the Altitude Terms and Conditions, you must have provided Westpac with your Velocity Frequent Flyer number and you have made a direct spend with Virgin Australia every year on your Altitude Black Mastercard from your card open date. Virgin Australia Lounge Passes are valid for 12 months from date of issuance and will appear on your Velocity Frequent Flyer membership account within 10 business days of meeting eligible spend. Virgin Australia lounge is operated by Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd in selected domestic airport locations available at virginaustralia.com/au/en/experience/at-the-airport/lounge/# locations and entry are subject to the Westpac Altitude Velocity Black Mastercard Lounge Pass Conditions and Virgin Australia lounge Terms and Conditions, available at experience. velocityfrequentflyer.com/partners-offers/credit-cards-bankinginsurance/westpac and is subject to change from time to time.
Priority Pass Membership: Available to Westpac Altitude Black primary cardholders earning Altitude Points through the Altitude Rewards program. Requires enrolment through prioritypass.com/westpacblack. The Primary Cardholder receives two complimentary visits in any 12-month period, one of which may be used by an accompanying guest. Subsequent visits in the 12-month period incur an additional cost, currently US$32 per person, per visit, which will be automatically charged to the primary cardholder's Altitude Black card. A Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee will apply to the conversion amount. Unused visits expire and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. Visit the Contact Us page on www.prioritypass.com for enquiries about the Priority Pass program. Subject to the Priority Pass Conditions Of Use.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible Westpac cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.
Westpac is the credit provider and credit licensee under National Consumer Credit Laws.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.