Up to 120,000 bonus Qantas Points
Earn up to 120,000 bonus Qantas Points~
Apply for the Westpac Altitude Black card and spend $4,000 or more on eligible purchases† within 90 days of new card approval and you'll get the initial 90,000 bonus Qantas Points.
Plus, you'll receive an additional 30,000 bonus Qantas Points after making the first eligible purchase† in the second year of your card account being active.~
Offer excludes customers who hold/held any Westpac Rewards credit card in the last 12 months. New cards only. Offer ends 5th August 2020. T&Cs apply.
More great reasons to choose Altitude Black
Complimentary lounge passes3
Relax before you fly with 2 complimentary Qantas Club airport lounge passes each year. See FAQs for how to redeem.
Complimentary insurance covers4
Complimentary cover for overseas travel, extended warranty, purchase security transit accidents, subject to the terms and conditions set out in the Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy.
24/7 personal concierge services
Dedicated Westpac Concierge services are on-call 24/7 to fulfil your requests, from restaurant bookings and party planning, to tickets to your favourite game.
The sky's the limit with no cap on earning points. Plus, earn points faster by adding one additional cardholder at no extra cost.1
The important numbers
Uncapped points earn rate: 0.75 Qantas Points per dollar spent on eligible purchases6
Annual card fee: $250
Annual Altitude Qantas fee: $50
Variable purchase rate: 20.49% p.a.
Variable cash advance rate: 21.49% p.a.
Interest free days on purchases: Up to 45
Minimum credit limit: $15,000
Minimum income required: $75,000
Frequently asked questions
As a current Westpac Altitude Black cardholder, you are eligible for complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance cover, provided you:
1. You either permanently reside in Australia or hold a current and valid residency Visa and reside in Australia; and
2. You spend at least $A500 on your prepaid travel costs (i.e. your travel costs that you pay for before leaving Australia) and you charge these costs to your Altitude Black card. This could include return travel tickets, airport or departure taxes, overseas accommodation etc.; and
3. You have a return overseas travel ticket before departing Australia; and
4. You are not over 80 years of age when you first become eligible for this cover by meeting the above conditions.
Overseas travel insurance4 (see policy for details)
- Medical and hospital expenses incurred overseas;
- Loss or damage to personal property;
- Loss or damage to travel documents;
- Personal liability cover;
- Rental vehicle excess cover for loss or damage to rental vehicle;
- Unexpected cancellation of travel arrangements and other unexpected expenses.
Transit accident insurance4
Transit accident insurance cover against specified accidental death or injury when sustained while riding, boarding or alighting as a passenger in a plane, bus, train or ferry when you have purchased the tickets for the entire trip using your Altitude Black card before you leave.
Purchase security insurance4
4 months cover against loss, theft or accidental damage for a range of new personal items purchased in Australia and overseas using your Altitude Black Card.
Extended warranty insurance4
Up to 24 months extended warranty insurance cover (in addition to the manufacturer's expressed Australian warranty) on a range of new personal items purchased using your Altitude Black card.
Your Altitude Black card comes with a personal concierge service, which you can access by calling the Altitude Black Card Priority Service line on 1300 651 999. The team is available to help you 24/7 with jobs such as booking a table at your favourite restaurant, organising flight tickets, finding a gift or locking in accommodation for your next getaway.
|Annual card fee||
|Annual Altitude Qantas fee||
Altitude Qantas: $50
Foreign transaction fee
Payable as a percentage of the Australian dollar value of any foreign transaction.
Applies for transactions in a foreign currency, or in Australian dollars but processed by an overseas merchant or financial institution.
Note: It may not always be clear to you that the Merchant or entity processing the transaction is located outside Australia. More about this fee.
|Cash advance fee
||2.0% or $2.50, whichever is higher (max. $150; an additional $2.50 charge applies if account has a positive balance after the transaction). These charges will appear on your statement directly below the relevant cash advance.|
|Duplicate statement fee||$2.00|
|Missed payment charge||$15 each statement cycle that the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date.|
Things you should know
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
~ Bonus Qantas Points Promotion Altitude Black: To be eligible for up to 120,000 bonus Qantas Points, you must apply and be approved for a new Altitude Black credit card between 1st April 2020 and 5th August 2020.
You will receive an initial 90,000 bonus points if you spend $4,000 or more on eligible purchases within 90 days of card approval. These will be credited to your points balance within 12 weeks of meeting this spend criteria.
You will receive an additional 30,000 bonus points if you keep your account open for more than 12 months and continue to use the card. These additional points will be credited to your points balance within 12 weeks, after the first eligible purchase is made in the second year of your card account being active.
If you do not meet the minimum spend criteria within 90 days of card approval, you forfeit the initial 90,000 bonus points only. However, you are still eligible for the additional 30,000 bonus points in the second year if you continue to use your card.
Existing Westpac customers who currently hold an Earth Classic, Earth Platinum, Earth Platinum Plus, Earth Black, Altitude Classic, Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer.
Qantas Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your Qantas Points balance on a monthly basis.
†Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees and charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, payments to the Australian Tax Office, government charges, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account.
1. Additional cardholder: An additional credit card can be issued on the primary cardholder’s account to any nominated person 16 years or over. All transactions using the additional credit card will be the responsibility of the primary cardholder. All Altitude or Qantas Points remain the benefit of the primary cardholder.
3. Complimentary lounge passes disclaimer:
Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations: As a Westpac Altitude Black card cardholder earning Qantas Points, you are eligible for two Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations within each 12-month period of your anniversary registration date when you register your Altitude Black card via loungepass.altitudeblack.com.au and use your card in Australia to purchase selected Qantas products and services. Selected Qantas products and services are the following items purchased directly from Qantas: Qantas passenger flights (with a QF flight number), Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees. Excludes Jetstar, Qantas Holidays, Qantas branded non-airfare products and any Qantas products and services not purchased directly from Qantas.
The Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations will be made available within 14 business days of meeting eligible spend via the Qantas Complimentary Invitations Portal, provided you are not in breach of the and your account remains open. Log in to the portal using your Qantas Frequent Flyer account to access your invitation, link it with an eligible Qantas flight booking, or to find out more information. To receive your Complimentary Invitations, you must have provided Westpac with your Qantas Frequent Flyer Number. If you have not yet registered for your complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer Membership, you may join at qantaspoints.com/ffjoinwestpac.
Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations are provided courtesy of Westpac, and are valid for Qantas Club and Qantas operated International Business Lounges only (excluding Los Angeles Tom Bradley Airport lounge). Not valid in International First Class lounges, Chairman's Lounge, Qantas Domestic Business, Qantas oneworld® alliance airline, partner airline or associated lounges. Each invitation is valid for a single visit before the expiry date specified on the invitation, when travelling with Qantas or Jetstar with a Qantas (QF) or Jetstar (JQ, 3K, GK, BL) flight number. Qantas Club Complimentary Invitations must not be resold. Qantas reserves the right to cancel invitations and disqualify future invitations that are in breach of this policy.
Access and use is subject to Qantas Club rules which are available at qantas.com/qantasclub. Access may not be available if the applicable lounge is full or near capacity, at the full discretion of lounge staff. Access and use of Qantas Club lounges is subject to Qantas Club terms and conditions.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible Westpac cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.
6. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Qantas Points is subject to the Altitude Terms and Conditions. Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the Altitude Terms and Conditions. You do not receive points if your card account is in arrears for 2 consecutive statement cycles and in other circumstances. Refer to the Altitude Terms and Conditions for information on how you earn points on transactions. Qantas Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your respective Points balance on a monthly basis.
Altitude Qantas: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. An annual $50 Qantas Rewards fee applies for customers who choose to earn Qantas Points through Altitude Qantas rewards program.
Qantas products and services: Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights with a QF flight number purchased directly from Qantas.com; Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and/ or annual fees. For full Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions, visit Qantas.com/terms.
Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518
Mastercard® is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.