With some Westpac credit cards there’s no limit to the number of points you can earn, whereas some have a cap on the number you can earn in set period. If you think you’d like to maximise your points earning potential, you could consider switching to a different Rewards card where you can even use your rewards points to cover your annual fee.
If you've chosen the Altitude Rewards program, you'll earn Altitude Points on eligible purchases1. Find out more about earning points.
|Card type||Altitude Points cap per statement cycle|
|Altitude Mastercard (no longer for sale)||5,000|
|Altitude Platinum, Altitude Platinum Plus||Uncapped|
If you've chosen the Altitude Velocity program, you will earn Velocity Points on eligible purchases1. Find out more about earning points.
|Card type||Velocity Points cap per statement cycle|
|Altitude Velocity Platinum Mastercard||Uncapped|
|Altitude Velocity Black Mastercard||Uncapped|
If you've chosen the Altitude Qantas program, you will earn Qantas points1 on eligible purchases1. Find out more about earning points.
|Card type||Qantas Points cap|
|Altitude, Earth||2,500 per statement cycle|
|Earth Platinum, Earth Platinum Plus||3,750 per statement cycle|
|Earth Black, Altitude Qantas Platinum Plus (no longer for sale)||Uncapped|
|Altitude Qantas Platinum||0.5 Qantas Points per $1 on eligible purchases, up to $100k p.a.1|
|Altitude Qantas Black||0.75 Qantas Points per $1 on eligible purchases, up to $250k p.a.1|
Do all Westpac rewards cards have a points cap?
No. You can earn an unlimited number of points with the following Westpac cards:
- Altitude Rewards Platinum
- Altitude Velocity Platinum
- Altitude Platinum Plus (no longer for sale)
- Altitude Rewards Black
- Altitude Velocity Black
- Earth Black (no longer for sale)
- Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum (no longer for sale).
How can I maximise my points earning potential ?
- Know when your statement cycle begins and ends so you can time any big ticket purchases (you’ll find the details on your statement).
- You could consider switching to a credit card without a points cap.
What is a statement cycle?
The period from one statement date to the next statement date is called the monthly statement cycle. The statement date is the date your statement is issued.
When do points expire?
- Altitude points have no expiry date as long as you have an Altitude account.
- Once your account is closed you have 90 days to redeem your Altitude Points.
- The expiry of Velocity Points, Qantas Points and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer miles is determined by the airlines’ terms and conditions. Please visit their websites for details.
What about bonus points?
Any bonus points you earn through any promotions won't count towards the points cap, so they're a great way to boost your rewards points.
1. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Altitude Points, Velocity Points and Qantas Points are subject to the Altitude Terms and Conditions. Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the Altitude Terms and Conditions. You do not receive points if you have not paid the Minimum Payment Due in full and on time and in other circumstances. Qantas and Velocity Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your respective Points balance on a monthly basis.
For Altitude Qantas Platinum cards, earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $100,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. For Altitude Qantas Black cards, earn 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $250,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. This annual limit resets in January each year, based on your statement date. Bonus Points earned are not part of your annual cap.