Response to Virgin Australia's Voluntary Administration Announcement
If you currently use one of our credit cards to earn Velocity Points, either directly or by converting your Altitude Points, rest assured we’re working closely with Velocity Frequent Flyer to minimise any disruption. The Altitude Velocity rewards program is currently not available when applying for a new Altitude credit card. You can find our more at our FAQ page.
With some Westpac credit cards there’s no limit to the number of points you can earn, whereas some have a cap on the number you can earn in a month. If you think you’d like to maximise your points earning potential, you could consider switching to a different Rewards card where you can even use your rewards points to cover your annual fee.
If you’ve chosen an Altitude Points earning card, you’ll earn Altitude points on eligible purchases. Find out more about earning points.
|Card type||Altitude Points cap per statement cycle|
|Altitude Platinum, Altitude Platinum Plus||Uncapped|
If you've chosen to be part of the Velocity program, you will earn Velocity Points on eligible purchases. Find out more about earning points.
|Card type||Velocity Points cap per statement cycle|
|Altitude Velocity Platinum Mastercard||Uncapped|
|Altitude Velocity Black Mastercard||Uncapped|
If you've chosen to be part of the Qantas program, you will earn Qantas points on eligible purchases. Find out more about earning points.
|Card type||Qantas Points cap per statement cycle|
|Earth Platinum, Earth Platinum Plus||3,750|
|Altitude Qantas Platinum, Altitude Qantas Platinum Plus||Uncapped|
Do all Westpac rewards cards have a points cap?
No. You can earn an unlimited number of points with the following Westpac cards:
- Altitude Platinum
- Altitude Platinum Plus (no longer for sale)
- Altitude Black
- Earth Black (no longer for sale)
- Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum (no longer for sale).
How can I maximise my points earning potential ?
- Know when your statement cycle begins and ends so you can time any big ticket purchases (you’ll find the details on your statement).
- You could consider switching to a credit card without a points cap.
What is a statement cycle?
The period from one statement date to the next statement date is called the monthly statement cycle. The statement date is the date your statement is issued.
When do points expire?
- Altitude points have no expiry date as long as you have an Altitude account.
- Once your account is closed you have 90 days to redeem your Altitude Points.
- The expiry of Velocity Points, Qantas Points and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer miles is determined by the airlines’ terms and conditions. Please visit their websites for details.
What about bonus points?
Any bonus points you earn through any promotions won't count towards the points cap, so they're a great way to boost your rewards points.