55 Day Platinum
Why choose the 55 Day Platinum card?
- Pay no annual card fee in the first year (currently saving you $90) and in following years if you spend $10,000.*
- Complimentary insurance covers. 4
- Make the most of 24/7 personal concierge services over the phone.
- Get up to 55 days interest free on purchases when you pay your balance in full each month.
More reasons to choose the Westpac 55 Day Platinum card
Plan repayments with SmartPlan
SmartPlan helps you stay on top of large purchases and balance transfers by breaking them down into regular installments.
Complimentary insurance cover 4
Shop and travel with confidence with complimentary cover for overseas travel, extended warranty, purchase security transit accidents, subject to the terms and conditions set out in the Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy.
24/7 personal concierge services
Have your own personal assistants at hand 24/7, from anywhere in the world. They'll help you with anything from finding a restaurant to planning an event.
Frequently asked questions
If you spend $10,000 or more on purchases in a year this fee will automatically be waived - and will continue to be waived each year you spend this amount. This is calculated from the anniversary of the first transaction on your account.*
As a current Westpac Altitude 55 Day Platinum cardholder, you are eligible for complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance cover 4, provided you:
1. You either permanently reside in Australia or hold a current and valid residency Visa and reside in Australia; and
2. You spend at least $A500 on your prepaid travel costs (i.e. your travel costs that you pay for before leaving Australia) and you charge these costs to your Altitude 55 Day Platinum card. This could include return travel tickets, airport or departure taxes, overseas accommodation etc.; and
3. You have a return overseas travel ticket before departing Australia; and
4. You are not over 80 years of age when you first become eligible for this cover by meeting the above conditions.
For full details on complimentary insurance, please read the .
Overseas travel insurance 4 (see policy for details)
- Medical and hospital expenses incurred overseas;
- Loss or damage to personal property;
- Loss or damage to travel documents;
- Personal liability cover;
- Rental vehicle excess cover for loss or damage to rental vehicle;
- Unexpected cancellation of travel arrangements and other unexpected expenses
Transit accident insurance
The following is a summary only of the benefit available under the Transit accident insurance policy (Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Refer to the for further information).
Transit accident insurance cover against specified accidental death or injury when sustained while riding, boarding or alighting as a passenger in a plane, bus, train or ferry when you have purchased the tickets for the entire trip using your 55 Day Platinum card before you leave.
Purchase security insurance
4 months cover against loss, theft or accidental damage for a range of new personal items purchased in Australia and overseas using your 55 Day Platinum Card. The following is a summary only of the benefit available under the Purchase security insurance (Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Refer to the for further information).
Extended warranty insurance
SmartPlan helps you stay on top of large purchases and balances by breaking them down into regular installments.1
Credit card balance SmartPlan
Turn any of your outstanding purchase, cash advance or promotional plan (e.g. balance transfer) balances of $200 or more into a SmartPlan. The purchase balance SmartPlan type is currently available at a lower interest rate.2
Large purchase SmartPlan
Create a large purchase SmartPlan to help you pay off an individual ‘big ticket’ item of $500 or more that you’ve bought on your card in the last 30 days – think purchases such as a flight, hotel bill or even a new fridge. Large purchase SmartPlans are currently available at a lower interest rate.2
The security of your card and information is extremely important to us. We have a range of security measures in place to ensure that your account is protected, including online. Westpac Added Online Security provides extra peace of mind when shopping online at participating retailers.
We also have your back if something does go wrong. Our Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures that customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted Westpac promptly.
|Annual card fee||Special promotion: $0 annual card fee in the first year on a new card. Plus, $0 annual card fee in subsequent years when you spend $10,000 or more on purchases in each 12 months from the date of the first transaction on your account, currently saving you $90.*|
Foreign transaction fee
Payable as a percentage of the Australian dollar value of any foreign transaction.
Applies for transactions in a foreign currency, or in Australian dollars but processed by an overseas merchant or financial institution.
Note: It may not always be clear to you that the Merchant or entity processing the transaction is located outside Australia. More about this fee.
|Cash advance fee
If the card has a negative balance after the transaction: 2.0% or $2.50, whichever is higher (max. $150).
If the card has a positive balance after the transaction: $2.50
These charges will appear on your statement directly below the relevant cash advance.
|Duplicate statement fee||$2.00|
|Missed payment charge||$15 each statement cycle that the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date.|
|Non-Westpac Group ATM fee||Although not a Westpac fee, using your card in a non-Westpac Group ATM may result in a charge to you. Avoid this fee by using one of Westpac’s extensive network of 2,900 ATMS across Australia (including any St.George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne ATMs). Find a Westpac Group ATM.|
|Credit card surcharge||In some instances, businesses may administer a ‘surcharge’ for credit card payments. Usually, these are a percentage fee of your purchase amount. Ask the merchant if a surcharge applies and how much it is before paying if you’re unsure.|
|Over-limit fee||If your card account was opened before 4 June 2012, a fee of $15 may be debited from your credit card account every time you exceed your credit limit during a statement cycle. It is debited from your account in that statement cycle, on or after the day(s) your credit limit is exceeded. This fee may also be charged whenever your account is over limit at the commencement of a statement cycle.|
Things you should know
In respect of Westpac credit card applications started after 1 March 2019:
- All approved credit cards will be Mastercard branded
- The “55 Day Classic” card will be withdrawn from sale and replaced by the “Westpac Low Fee” card, and
- The “55 Day Platinum” card will be withdrawn from sale and replaced by the “Westpac Low Fee Platinum” card
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Offers are not available in conjunction with any special offers that are not listed on www.westpac.com.au. Switches, upgrades or Westpac group staff are ineligible. Offer may be withdrawn or extended at any time. Terms and conditions available on request.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
*55 Day first year annual card fee waiver: $0 annual card fee in the first year and $0 annual card fee in subsequent years promotion is available when you apply for a new 55 Day or 55 Day Platinum credit card between 28th November 2018 and midnight 28th February 2019 and spend $5,000 or more on a 55 Day credit card or $10,000 or more on a 55 Day Platinum credit card on purchases in each 12 months from the anniversary date of the first transaction on your account.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible Westpac cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.
1 SmartPlan Disclaimer: SmartPlan requires monthly payments to be made for the term calculated and at the applicable interest rate when the SmartPlan is entered into. All payments made to your account will be applied first to any SmartPlan instalments, so debts accruing a higher interest rate may be left unpaid during the SmartPlan term. Your balance transfer must have a maximum of 36 months and a remaining term of at least 3 months to be eligible for a SmartPlan. See SmartPlan for more details. SmartPlan cancellation takes up to 2 Business Days. Any SmartPlan Remaining Balance will revert to the variable interest rate for your balance type or special offer rate as applicable. Fees may apply with some SmartPlans.
2 Discounted rates may not apply to cards with existing promotional rates. Discounted rates will not apply to Westpac Lite Visa cards.
Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
Samsung, Galaxy S are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
Visa is a registered trademark of Visa Worldwide PTe Limited.
Fitbit and the Fitbit logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fitbit, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
Westpac is the credit provider and credit licensee under National Consumer Credit Laws.