Here's where you get up and running.
Confirm your identity
If you've already done this, just skip this step. If not, you'll be able to deposit but not withdraw from your account until you have confirmed your identity.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Collect the you need.
- Verify your identity at any Westpac branch or complete online (only applicable for customers who received an email advising they can confirm their ID online).
- If you're applying for a credit card .
- Have your Customer ID and the you need handy.
- Login to Online Banking.
- Select Verify Now to confirm your ID.
If you have not registered for online banking please refer to Step 2. Set up Online Banking.
Confirm in Person
- Have your Customer ID and the you need.
- Find your local branch using the 'Locate Us' tool.
- We recommend contacting your local branch to organise an appointment to avoid delays upon arrival.
Set up Online Banking
It’s the secure, convenient way to stay in control of your finances.
Register for Online Banking
- You can register online and you’ll need your 8-digit Customer ID or card number to register
- You can register via Westpac Live Mobile Banking by tapping on Register.
- You can register at your nearest branch.
- You register by calling 1300 655 505, 8am – 8pm Sydney time.
Already registered for Online Banking
- If you have registered for Online Banking during your online application, you’ll need your Customer ID and Temporary Password to activate.
- If you have registered for Internet Banking through a Branch or over the phone, you’ll need your Customer ID, Temporary Password and Temporary Security Number to login to Online Banking.
If your temporary password and security number have expired select Forgotten when you try to login to Online Banking. You’ll need your Customer ID to reset your Security Number and Internet Password
Set up Mobile Banking
Mobile Banking lets you conveniently access and control your accounts wherever you are, 24 hours a day.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Download the app.
- Sign in using your Customer Number and Password.
- Enjoy controlling all your banking needs right from your phone.
Still waiting for your card to arrive?
Access a digital version of your card
It’s instantly available 24/7 in the Westpac Mobile Banking app. Use it just like your physical card to shop online, pay bills, or even add it to your mobile or wearable wallet to shop in-store.
Switch to eStatements
Switch from paper statements to eStatements to keep your details safer and your letterbox clutter-free.
Switch to enjoy:
- Security: No physical copies protects you from identity theft.
- Simplicity: Email notifications when statements are ready.
- Convenience: Access to 7 years of statements makes it easy to keep track of your accounts.
The two fastest ways to contact us:
Things you should know
Your use of Online or Mobile Banking is subject to the Westpac Online Banking Terms and Conditions. Westpac Mobile Banking applications are only available for use by Westpac Australia customers. Internet connection is required to access Westpac Mobile Banking app. Normal data charges apply.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android and Google Play are each a trademark of Google LLC.
The Instant Digital Card is only available on Westpac Mobile Banking app and support with the latest version of Westpac Mobile Banking. The terms and conditions applicable to your product also apply to the use of your digital card. Online Banking Terms & Conditions also apply. You may not always be able to access your digital card.
Find out more about the eligibility criteria and benefits of eStatements. For more information on eStatements read our FAQs or call us on 1300 655 505 8am – 8pm Sydney time.
Online Banking Security Guarantee: If your Westpac account is compromised as a result of Internet fraud, we guarantee to repay any missing funds, providing you comply with our Online Banking Terms and Conditions. This includes keeping your sign-in details (including passwords, Westpac Protect™ SMS codes and SecurID® Token codes) private. You must inform us immediately if you suspect the security of your access details has been compromised, or you suspect an unauthorised transaction or potential fraud on your accounts.
Westpac Protect Security advice: Legitimate Westpac emails do not include links to login pages, or ask for your personal information, account details, PIN or passwords. For more information visit westpac.com.au/hoaxemails. Before accessing emails or the Internet, always ensure your computer has up-to-date security software. Find tips to protect yourself and avoid scams and viruses at westpac.com.au/security.
© Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.