Apply for SMSF Investment Property Loan
Ready to apply for a loan for your SMSF?
Before you get started, here are some things you may need to know
Am I eligible?
- Suitable for Australian residents with an established SMSF as well as those planning to establish an SMSF
- Suitable for purchase of residential investment property in Australia
- Suitable for Australian residents who wish to refinance an established SMSF loan which was used to purchase a residential property in Australia.
The rules around borrowing through an SMSF are quite complex so you should speak to your financial planner and professional tax adviser before deciding whether to borrow to invest within your SMSF.
What you'll need to apply
There are specific documentation requirements for a SMSF Investment Property Loan, including, but not limited to:
- Certified copy of SMSF Trust Deed
- Certified copy of Property Trust Deed, and
- Evidence of ability to service the loan (e.g. tax returns, rental estimates).
Please note: SMSF Investment Property Loans must be referred to a Westpac Panel Solicitor for review of the SMSF Trust Deed and the Property Trust Deed prior to settlement.
If you have any questions please contact us on 1300 131 764 for assistance.