DIY Super Solution
A DIY Super Solution designed specifically for self-managed super funds (SMSFs)
DIY Super Solution has three accounts working together
Westpac DIY Super Working account
Westpac DIY Super Working account acts as the cash 'hub' to help you manage your investments and access your funds on a day-to-day basis
- Earn tiered interest on your everyday working account balance
- No monthly service fee (other fees apply)
- Access funds including via Westpac Online and Telephone Banking, in branch and by cheque
- Option to set up direct debits to help manage your SMSF.
Westpac DIY Super Savings account
If you hold a Westpac DIY Super Working account, open and link a DIY Super Savings account for your surplus funds.
- No monthly service fee (other fees apply)
- Competitive interest rate, calculated daily and paid monthly
- No minimum or maximum balance
- Operate and access your savings via your linked Westpac DIY Super Working account
Westpac Online Investing account
- Trade online from $19.95 or for 0.11% of the trade value (whichever is greater) when you settle to your Westpac DIY Super Working account
- Buy and sell any ASX-listed security
- Access to Australian and international shares, warrants, options, managed funds and more
- Trade online, over the phone or via the mobile app
- Receive research and analysis from Morningstar, Westpac, BT and more
- Advanced charts and free live market data
- No monthly service fee (other fees apply).
You have the option to add on extra products such as a Westpac Term Deposit.
Westpac DIY Super Working Account
You can transact on your Westpac DIY Super Working account in almost all the same ways you would any bank account:
- Online Banking
- Personal or Business Banking
- Direct debit
- Transfers to and from your Westpac DIY Super Savings account
- Transfers to Westpac Online Investing to purchase shares and other securities
- In person at any of our branches.
- There is no card facility available on your DIY Super Working account.
Did you know?
You can earn interest on your surplus SMSF funds when you park them in a Westpac DIY Super Savings account.
Standard variable interest rates p.a. for DIY Super Working and Savings accounts.
Current standard variable interest rate p.a.
|DIY Super Working account||DIY Super Savings account|
|$0 - $9,999||
|$10,000 - $49,999||
|$50,000 - $99,999||
|$100,000 - $499,999||
Things you should know
This information does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs so you should consider its appropriateness having regard to these factors before acting on it. You should also consider the disclosure documents and terms and conditions relating to each of these products before making any decision to invest, as well as Westpac's Financial Services Guide.
More about Westpac DIY Super
This information does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs so you should consider its appropriateness having regard to these factors before acting on it.
The Westpac DIY Super Working and Westpac DIY Super Savings accounts are issued by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.
If you close your Westpac DIY Super Working account, you will need to close your linked Westpac DIY Super Savings account and, if applicable, arrange an alternative trading account for your Westpac Online Investing account.
More information about Westpac DIY Working and Super Savings Accounts
To operate Westpac DIY Super Savings, customers must hold a Westpac DIY Super Working Account. Fees may apply on the Westpac DIY Super Working Account. If you close your Westpac DIY Super Working account, you will need to close your linked Westpac DIY Super Savings account and, if applicable, arrange an alternative trading account for your Westpac Online Investing account.
Any transactions you make in a month are calculated by us based on when we process the transaction to your account, which may be on a date after the day on which you make the withdrawal.
Card access is not available to these accounts.
Cheque access to the DIY Super Working account is only available to account holders 18 years or over.
Direct Debits and branch staff-assisted withdrawals are not usually allowed on DIY Super Savings accounts.
How interest is calculated on Westpac DIY Working and Super Savings accounts
Interest is calculated daily on the closing balance of your account and credited to your account on the last business day of each month. Rates may change at any time.
More about Westpac Online Investing and Share trading
Share trading and online investing through Westpac Securities Limited ABN 39 087 924 221, AFSL 233723 ("Westpac Securities") is a service provided by Australian Investment Exchange Ltd ABN 71 076 515 930, AFSL 241400 ("the Participant"), a Participant of the ASX Group. The Participant is not authorised to carry on business in any jurisdiction other than Australia. Accordingly, the information contained in this website is directed to and available for Australian residents only. Australian Investment Exchange Ltd ABN 71 076 515 930, AFSL 241400 tries to ensure that the information provided is complete and correct but readers are advised to check any important item(s) with us before making any decisions.
If an SMSF member loses money due to theft or fraud unfortunately they do not have access to any special compensation schemes. They also do not have access to the Superannuation Complaints Tribunal to resolve disputes.