Before you notify us
Being prepared for this conversation will help in what is a difficult time for you. Here’s what you need to know and what to have with you.
Proof of death
When someone passes away you will need official ‘Proof of death’ documents to proceed with the funeral and administration of the estate.
Proof of death includes any one of these documents:
- Death Certificate
- Doctor’s Medical Certificate
- Funeral Bill
- Solicitor’s or Coroner’s Letter
- Grant of Probate
- Letters of Administration
- Probate Bond.
What to have with you when you call or visit us
- Full name of the deceased customer, as well as ‘known as’ name, and details of one account number they held, if possible (even if there are multiple accounts)
- Proof of death (for notification only)
- A certified copy of the will, if known
- Your proof of identification if you are not an existing customer