BT SIV Flexible Investment Account
The Significant Investor Visa (SIV)
The Significant Investor Visa (SIV) was introduced in 2012 by the Australian Government to enable foreign citizens with at least AU$5 million to obtain permanent residency in Australia by investing in complying Australian investments.
The SIV is a component of the Business Innovation and Investment Program (BIIP) run by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).
The investment framework for SIV was amended, effective 1 July 2015, by the Australian Government to direct investments into sectors which can contribute to the economic development of Australia.
- AU$500,000 minimum in venture capital fund(s)
- AU$1.5 million minimum in managed funds satisfying the emerging companies investment criteria
- The remainder in managed funds satisfying the balancing investments criteria.
The SIV Flexible Investment Account
The SIV Flexible Investment Account is BT Private Wealth’s investment solution for SIV applicants, providing:
- A relationship management service with dedicated, multi-lingual Private Bankers who work with applicants and migration agents.
- A comprehensive range of banking and wealth services.
- An experienced team who understand the visa application process.
- A dedicated investment specialist who provides updates and information on investment opportunities.
- An account which can be used to invest in a wide range of complying investments.
- Unique investment solutions to choose from which have been extensively reviewed by investment experts.
Westpac Private Bank
Westpac Private Bank is the private banking division of Westpac Banking Corporation which provides a comprehensive range of insights, opportunities and expertise accrued over more than 200 years of Westpac's trading history. We offer a total banking solution for high net worth clients delivered with a high level of service and personal attention from Australia's leading private banking team.
Westpac Private Bank was awarded the Best Private Bank in Australia by the Global Private Banking Awards in 2015.
Contact and further information
Contact your Private Banker to find out more about applying for the BT SIV Flexible Investment Account. Alternatively, you can phone 1800 068 043 (in Australia) or +61 2 8222 7212 (international) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Things you should know
Westpac Private Bank is a division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141, AFSL 233714 ('Westpac').
This information has been prepared without taking account of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Because of this, you should, before acting on this Information, consider its appropriateness, having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs. The SIV Flexible Account Information Memorandum may be obtained by contacting your Private Banker.