Turn ‘to-do’ into ‘done'.
One loan, a multitude of uses
There are plenty of reasons you might want to take out our Unsecured Personal Loan. So, you don’t have to stop at what’s listed here.
Fund a new or second-hand car, bike or boat – even repairs on the one you already own.
Whether you’re after a new fridge, a whole new kitchen or something altogether different.
Simplify your finances into a single loan with one regular repayment, rate and set of fees. Or make one of those other long-term plans happen.
One clear rate – and a customer only special offer
10.49% p.a. (comparison rate 11.66% p.a.^) and a $0 establishment fee*
That works out to 1.5% p.a. off our standard fixed interest rate and a saving of $250 on the establishment fee for a new Unsecured Personal Loan, whether you borrow for 1 year, 7 or anywhere in-between. And once you’re approved, this rate is the one you’ll actually get.
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply.
Give yourself repayment options
Set them up to suit. Then once they’re locked-in, the only one who can choose to change them is you:
- Borrow $4,000-$50,000, with no need to offer your car as security (conditions apply)
- Weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments – to align with when you’re paid
- 1 to 7-year repayment terms – helping you set your regular repayment amount
Please note, if you choose to pay your loan off early, prepayment fees may apply>. Extending your term and/or increasing your balance would require you to apply for a refinance loan.
Fees that sometimes apply
|Prepayment fee (applies if you choose a term greater than 2 years and pay it out in less than 2 years. This fee is waived if you pay out your personal loan by re-financing to another Westpac personal loan).||$175|
|Declined direct debit fee||$9|
|Missed payment fee||$9|
|Duplicate statement fee||$2|
|Bank cheque fee||$10|
Other fees and charges may be payable. Find out how you can minimise fees and charges on your loan.
How can I apply?
Apply online in less than 10 minutes. You can use any device and return to complete your application within 14 days.
What happens after I apply?
- You can track the status of your loan application with our Online Status Tracker.
- If we require further information to progress your application, we will contact you via phone or email.
- If conditionally approved you may need to email documents to us for verification.
- Once documentation is received and verified, you will be sent an email within 2 business days to view your contract and accept online. Note: Non-Westpac customers will be required to come into a branch to be identified after accepting their contract.
- Tell us which account you would like the funds to be sent to. Allow 1 business day for the funds to be transferred to a Westpac account and up to 3 business days for a non-Westpac account.
Before you apply
COVID-19 has impacted the time it takes to process and follow up on incomplete applications. To ensure we assess your application in a timely manner, please read the following sections carefully before applying.
- You are regularly meeting your repayment obligations for your mortgage, other loan or credit card accounts.
- You have considered whether you need to keep any credit accounts you may no longer use – e.g. store cards.
As part of reviewing your application we look at the information on your credit report, which is produced by an independent credit bureau. This report shows a snapshot of your liabilities, available credit, and your repayment behaviour for these accounts. To learn more about credit reporting in Australia visit www.westpac.com.au/ccr.
It’s a good idea to view your own credit report and check your details are correct before starting your application. You can do this for free by visiting the credit bureau website directly, or via CreditSmart.org.au. We work with three bureaus: Equifax, illion and Experian, so you might like to check the report produced by each of them.
Before starting your application, make sure you have everything in the list below:
- Current employer’s name, address and phone number
- Your income information from the last 3 months, such as payslips, bank statements and rental income (you won’t need this if your pay already goes into a Westpac bank account)
- Recent tax information if you're self-employed
- Asset, savings and investment details
- All existing liabilities that are in your name (e.g. personal loans, other credit or store cards, ‘interest-free’ instalment purchases, home loan)
- All your regular monthly expenses (including school fees, insurance, utilities etc.)
If you are an existing Westpac customer, you will also need to:
- Apply as an Existing Customer in the application form and log in to your account
- Once logged in, double-check that your personal details (name, address etc) are up-to-date. If not, log in to internet banking to update them. Allow 24 hours for records to update.
Any errors in the details you provide could delay processing, or even mean you are declined. Again, checking against your credit report can help here.
Every time you apply for any form of credit, your credit history is checked by the credit provider. This is listed as an enquiry on your report. Multiple applications can be seen as a red flag and reduce your chances of approval.
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply.
*1.5% p.a. interest rate discount + $0 establishment fee offer: Information correct as at 26 September 2020. Offer is only available to a customer who has received a direct communication about this offer, who applies and is approved for a new fixed rate Westpac Unsecured Personal Loan via the 'Apply online' application link on this webpage, by calling 1300 720 697, or by visiting a branch. Eligible customers will receive the special offer interest rate of 10.49% p.a. (comparison rate 11.66% p.a.^) on new fixed rate Westpac Unsecured Personal Loans, which represents a 1.5% p.a. discount on the current advertised rate of 11.99% p.a. (comparison rate 13.15% p.a.^), plus an establishment fee waiver, currently representing a saving of $250. Offer is open to single applicants only. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and may be varied or withdrawn at any time. All other fees outlined on westpac.com.au/personal-banking/personal-loans/unsecured-personal-loan and in the terms and conditions apply. Interest rates are subject to change. Read the product disclosure documents as well as the Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider whether the product is appropriate for you. If you need help, call 1300 720 697.
^Comparison rate information: The comparison rate is provided as an example based on a $30,000 Unsecured Personal Loan over a 5 year term. WARNING: This comparison rate applies only to the example given and may not include all fees and charges. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
>More about choosing your loan term: Our Unsecured Personal Loans have a standard term of 1 to 7 years. If you choose a term greater than 2 years, and pay it out in less than 2 years, there is a prepayment fee of $175. This fee is waived if you pay out your personal loan by re-financing to another Westpac personal loan.