Consolidate and chill
Why choose a Westpac Unsecured Personal Loan?
- Borrow $4,000 - $50,000 with no need to offer a car as security
- Fixed interest rate range from 7.99% p.a. to 17.49% p.a. (comparison rate range from 9.18% p.a. to 18.62% p.a.^)
- We can give you your personalised rate and estimated repayments before you apply, that's based on your credit score and the loan details you provide to us. Get my rate.
- Weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments – to align with when you’re paid
- A fixed rate means you’ll know what your repayments and loan end date will be
- Already with Westpac? Once approved, sign your contract online and the funds will go to your account straight away.*
Get a personalised rate
We give you a personalised rate and estimated repayments based on your credit score and the loan details you provide to us.
Get your personalised rate and an estimate of your repayments for an Unsecured Personal Loan by answering a few questions. If you already bank with us, sign in to save time.
How could you use this loan?
Simplify your finances
Consolidate debts to a single loan, with one regular repayment, rate and set of fees.
Whether you’re after a new fridge, a whole new kitchen or something altogether different.
Fund a new or secondhand car – even repairs on the car you already own.
Do something else
Whether it's your big day, school fees or a dream purchase, our Unsecured Personal Loan could help.
This calculator helps you estimate how much your personal loan repayments could be.**
Our Unsecured Personal Loan comes with a fixed rate, meaning that you have the certainty of a set repayment amount throughout the life of the loan. You can also make extra repayments to pay off your loan faster, giving you the best of both worlds (prepayment fee may apply#).
Get your personalised rate before you apply.
Key rates and fees
|Rate or fee||Amount|
|Annual fixed rate range||7.99% p.a. to 17.49% p.a.|
|Comparison rate range||9.18% p.a. to 18.62% p.a.^|
|Lending establishment fee
|Monthly loan account fee||$12|
Other fees and charges may be payable.
Before you apply
Follow this section to improve the likelihood your application is approved.
Things you should know
This information is general in nature and has been prepared without taking your objectives, needs and overall financial situation into account. For this reason, you should consider the appropriateness of the information to your own circumstances and, if necessary, seek appropriate professional advice. Please consider your individual circumstances before applying for a Westpac Personal Loan. Credit criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply. Information correct as of 19 May 2022.
^Comparison rates: Comparison rates help you understand the true cost of a loan. All comparison rate examples shown are for a personal loan amount of $30,000 and a term of 5 years. WARNING: Comparison rates apply only to the example or examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different loan amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
- Unsecured Personal Loan repayment terms range from 1 to 7 years. Interest rate ranges and representative examples are based on an unsecured loan of $30,000 borrowed for 5 years with the interest rate of 7.99% p.a. (comparison rate 9.18% p.a.), the estimated total amount payable including fees is $37,513. The actual rate offered may be higher or lower than the comparison example above. Rates currently range from 7.99% p.a. to 17.49% p.a. (comparison rate from 9.18% p.a. to 18.62% p.a.)
#Prepayment fee: If you choose a term greater than 2 years for a Westpac Personal Loan, and pay it out in less than 2 years, there is a prepayment fee of $175. This fee is waived if you pay out your personal loan by re-financing to another Westpac personal loan.
*Access to funds within 60 minutes: Available for existing customers who are approved for an Unsecured Personal Loan. Loan funds will be disbursed into an existing Westpac transaction account 60 minutes from when e-contract acceptance has been received. Funds requested to be transferred to a non-Westpac account will take up to 3 days.
**Repayment calculator: Any calculations made by you using this calculator is intended as a guide only. It is for illustrative purposes only and is based on the accuracy of the information provided. The calculator does not take into account a lending establishment fee that maybe charged for a personal loan application. The calculation is not an offer of credit. The amount you can borrow may vary once you complete a loan application and all the details relevant to our lending criteria are captured and verified. The calculations should not be relied on for the purpose of making a decision whether to apply for a personal loan.
##The lending establishment fee will be added to your loan amount. Please read full terms and conditions before making a decision to apply for a Westpac Personal Loan.
Credit provided by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.