Unsecured Personal Loan
Why choose a Westpac Unsecured Personal Loan?
- Consolidate debts to a single loan, with one regular repayment, rate and set of fees.
- Plan ahead with a flexible loan term of between 1 and 7 years.
- Apply for between $4,000 and $50,000 (conditions apply).
- Choose a repayment frequency to suit when you get paid - weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- Make extra repayments to pay your loan off sooner (prepayment fee may apply). 2
- You could access your funds in a Westpac bank account within 60 minutes of final approval, 24/7. 3
Sign-in and save
Save 1% p.a. on a new Unsecured Personal Loan
Make the festive season a little more festive with this offer on our fixed rate Unsecured Personal Loan. This brings the interest rate down to 11.99% p.a. (comparison rate 13.15% p.a.)*.
Sign-in using the button below to apply.
How could you use this loan?
Simplify your finances
Consolidate debts to a single loan, with one regular repayment, rate and set of fees.
Turn your plans into an itinerary and get to where you’ve always dreamt of going.
Secure the funds you need to help bring your grand designs to life.
Do something else
Whether it's your big day, school fees or a dream purchase, our Unsecured Personal Loan could help.
This calculator helps you estimate how much your personal loan repayments could be. 4
Fees that sometimes apply
|Prepayment fee (applies if you choose a term greater than 2 years and pay it out in less than 2 years. This fee is waived if you pay out your personal loan by re-financing to another Westpac personal loan).||$175|
|Missed payment fee||$15|
|Duplicate statement fee||$2|
|Bank cheque fee||$10|
Other fees and charges may be payable. Find out how you can minimise fees and charges on your loan.
How do I know if I'm eligible?
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be aged 18 years or over
- Have regular permanent income
- Be a permanent resident of Australia or,
- Hold an and have confirmed employment in Australia, if you're a non-resident.
If you’re ready to apply or want to find out whether you hold , call our Personal Lending Centre on 1300 720 697.
What information do I need to provide?
You will need to provide details of your current financial situation, including your:
- Current employer’s name, address and phone number
- Recent tax information, if you're self-employed
- Weekly after-tax income for each person applying for the loan
- Asset, savings and investment details
- Other debts, such as credit cards, store accounts, etc.
- Everyday expense details.
We may contact you using the details you provide to help you complete your application. If you’re already a Westpac customer, check that the details we have on record are up to date before proceeding. You can confirm these details in Westpac Online Banking or by calling 132 032. Allow 24 hours for records to update.
How can I apply?
Apply online in less than 10 minutes. You can use any device and return to complete your application within 14 days.
Over the phone
Apply over the phone by calling 132 651 (8am - 8pm, 7 days a week).
Apply at your nearest branch.
What happens after I apply?
- You can track the status of your loan application with our Online Status Tracker.
- If we require further information to progress your application, we will contact you via phone or email.
- If conditionally approved you may need to email documents to us for verification.
- Once documentation is received and verified, you will be sent an email within 2 business days to view your contract and accept online. Note: Non-Westpac customers will be required to come into a branch to be identified after accepting their contract.
- Tell us which account you would like the funds to be sent to. Allow 1 business day for the funds to be transferred to a Westpac account and up to 3 business days for a non-Westpac account.
Things you should know
* Comparison rate information
WARNING: This comparison rate applies only to the example or examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
More about choosing your loan term
2. Our Unsecured Personal Loans have a standard term of 1 to 7 years. If you choose a term greater than 2 years, and pay it out in less than 2 years, there is a prepayment fee of $175. This fee is waived if you pay out your personal loan by re-financing to another Westpac personal loan.
Access to funds within 60 minutes
3. Access to Unsecured Personal Loan funds within 60 minutes from final approval is only available for existing Westpac customers, who apply as a single applicant online, with funds being disbursed into their own Westpac account.
Repayment calculator disclaimer
4. Any calculation made by you using this calculator is intended as a guide only. It is for illustrative purposes only and is based on the accuracy of the information provided. The calculator does not take stamp duty or other government charges into account. The calculation does not constitute an offer of finance from Westpac. Your borrowing power amount may be different when you complete a loan application and all the details relevant to our lending criteria are captured and verified. The calculations should not be relied on for the purpose of making a decision whether to apply for a personal loan.
^1% p.a. Interest Rate Discount offer: Information correct as at 29 October 2019. This offer comprises a discounted fixed interest rate of 11.99% p.a. (comparison rate 13.15% p.a.) It is only available to existing Westpac customers who start an application and are approved for a new fixed rate Westpac Unsecured Personal Loan between 29 October 2019 and 8 December 2019 via the 'Apply now' application button in Westpac Live or the Westpac Mobile Banking app. Approved customers will receive a special interest rate of 11.99% p.a. (comparison rate 13.15% p.a.) on new fixed rate Unsecured Personal Loans, which represents a 1% p.a. discount on the current advertised rate of 12.99% p.a. (comparison rate 14.14% p.a.). This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and may be varied or withdrawn at any time. All other fees outlined on the Product page and in the Terms and Conditions apply. Read the product Terms and Conditions, including the before making a decision and consider whether the product is appropriate for you. If you need help, call 132 032. Credit provided by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.