Looking to refinance your existing loan?
A lot could have changed since you last applied for your Westpac Personal Loan. You may have taken on more, had children, moved house or changed jobs. As your financial position changes, you might be considering more finance.
Unsecured Personal Loan
When you’ve already got an unsecured personal loan and you need some extra funds, you’ll need to refinance your existing loan and the outstanding balance on it will be included in your new loan amount, if you’re approved. The fixed interest rate current at the time you apply will be applied to the total amount of the new loan.
The current loan establishment fee is $250.
If you apply for your new unsecured personal loan online, you need to follow these 7 steps:
- Complete a new application form and select “Westpac _Personal Loan Refinance” as your loan purpose
- In the loan amount field, put your current outstanding loan balance (an estimate is fine)
- Click “add another purpose” and select the purpose you wish to top up your loan for (e.g. new car, home renovations, wedding, etc.)
- In the amount next to your loan top up purpose put the additional amount you would like to borrow (not the total loan amount)
- Complete the rest of the application
- If your new loan is approved, we’ll email you the loan documents to sign and return to us.
- The funds will be there for you to use.
Credit criteria, conditions and fees apply to Unsecured Personal Loans. Ask us for the details or visit the Unsecured Personal Loan product page.
Unfortunately you can’t refinance an existing Westpac car loan.