7,000+ KM OF FREE CHARGING. CHECK YOUR CAR’S ELIGIBLE.
Check the car you want is eligible
The electric or hybrid car you buy with a Westpac Car Loan will be used as security for the loan. So it must be:
- For personal use only
- On our eligible car list for an electric or hybrid interest rate discount
- 7 years old or less
- Imported by the manufacturer
- Never written off – even if repaired
- Comprehensively insured, showing Westpac as the financier
If your car doesn’t meet these criteria, consider our Unsecured Personal Loan
Check if your car is eligible
Search for the make, model and year of manufacture to see if your electric or hybrid car is eligible for a Westpac Car Loan (current as of July 2023).
Things you should know
This information is general in nature and has been prepared without taking your objectives, needs and overall financial situation into account. For this reason, you should consider the appropriateness of the information to your own circumstances and, if necessary, seek appropriate professional advice. Please consider your individual circumstances before applying for a Westpac Personal Loan. Credit criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply. Information is correct as of 1 November 2023.
3. Electric car charging offer: Receive 1,250-kWh charging limit to use for up to 12 months across the Australian Chargefox public charging network. After 12 months from offer activation or when the 1,250-kWh charging limit has been reached, charging costs will apply. This offer is available on a Westpac Car Loan that has been approved for a verified eligible electric car and e-contract acceptance confirmed. Within 30 days of e-contract acceptance, a unique voucher will be sent to the email address on the approved Car Loan application with activation instructions and expiry date. Offer is subject to change or be withdrawn at any time.
Example kilometres of over 7,000kms is based on average 15-20-kWhs per 100 kms and should be used as an example only. Car battery size, driver behaviour, temperature and other variables will affect the distance performance. Up to $750 of free charging value is based on $0.60 cost per kWhs for Ultra-rapid charging stations. kWh pricing may be higher or lower depending on the type of charger used. For more information visit https://www.chargefox.com/announcing-a-price-change-to-20-fast-charging-chargefox-stations/
^^To qualify for a Car Loan, applicant must meet all credit criteria and the car offered as security must meet all criteria - either new or if used, cannot be older than 7 years at time of application, registered under the applicant's name, has been made locally or imported by the manufacturer, has never been written off (even if it was repaired), has a paid, fully comprehensive insurance policy with Westpac noted as the financier and is for personal use only. The loan amount may exceed the vehicle’s market value, as reported by Redbook, to cover the purchase price of the vehicle and other expenses. If you're using a Westpac Car Loan to buy an electric or hybrid car, check our
~Car Loan for eligible Electric or Hybrid engine types is subject to a 0.5% discount on your personalised interest rate, applied at the time of application. Electric and Hybrid Car Loan interest rates range from 5.49% p.a. to 12.49% p.a. (comparison rate 6.70% p.a. to 13.65% p.a.^)
Credit provided by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.
A target market determination has been made for this product. Please visit westpac.com.au/tmd for the target market determination.