Car Loan Calculator
The above calculator is for loans where the car you’re buying is offered as security and is:
- less than 7 years old
- Made locally or imported by the manufacturer
- Never written off or stolen
- Comprehensively insured.
Not right for you? Take a look at our Unsecured Personal Loan below.
1,250 kWh of free charging for full electric vehicles
Use this loan for a plug-in electric vehicle (EV) and you’ll also enjoy 1,250 kWh of free charging, for up to 12 months, with Australia’s largest public charging network.3
That’s enough for over 7,000km of driving. Or, from Melbourne to Cairns and back with plenty left over.
Where are you on your car finance journey?
Whether it’s your first or your fiftieth purchase, being on-top of the financials for a car is as important as its features. And doing so before hitting the dealerships could save you big-time. So which stage are you at?
Unsecured Personal Loan or Car Loan? Get help choosing
|Unsecured Personal Loan||Car Loan||Car Loan for electric/hybrid|
|Consider this loan if the car you want is more than 7 years old, you want a motorbike, caravan or something else, or you don’t want to offer the car as security.||As this loan’s secured against your car, you get a lower rate than our Unsecured Personal Loan^^.||
For eligible electric or hybrid cars.
As this loan’s secured against your electric or hybrid car, you get a special lower rate^^
|You could borrow|
|$4,000 - $50,000||$10,000 - $100,000||$10,000 - $100,000|
|From 7.99% p.a. (comparison rate 9.18% p.a.^) fixed||From 5.99% p.a. (comparison rate 7.20% p.a.^) fixed||From 5.49% p.a.~ (comparison rate 6.70% p.a.^) fixed|
|1-7 years||1-7 years||1-7 years|
|Not required||The car you’re buying||The car you’re buying|
|Any car (or motorcycle)||Less than 7 years old
Electric or hybrid car only. To be eligible, the car must be:
|Find out more|
|Go to Unsecured Personal Loan||Go to Car Loan||Go to electric/hybrid Car Loan|
All three loans come with...
- A term of 1-7 years
- A fixed rate, so you’ll know what your repayments and loan end date will be
- Fast funds – distributed electronically as soon as you sign the contract
- Choice of repayment frequency – weekly, fortnightly or monthly, to work with when you’re paid
Things you should know
This information is general in nature and has been prepared without taking your objectives, needs and overall financial situation into account. For this reason, you should consider the appropriateness of the information to your own circumstances and, if necessary, seek appropriate professional advice. Please consider your individual circumstances before applying for a Westpac Personal Loan. Credit criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply. Information is correct as of 1 November 2023.
^Comparison rates: Comparison rates help you understand the true cost of a loan. All comparison rate examples shown are for a personal loan amount of $30,000 and a term of 5 years. WARNING: Comparison rates apply only to the example or examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different loan amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
- Unsecured Personal Loan repayment terms range from 1 to 7 years. Interest rate ranges and representative examples are based on an unsecured loan of $30,000 borrowed for 5 years with the interest rate of 7.99% p.a. (comparison rate 9.18% p.a.), the estimated total amount payable including fees is $37,513. The actual rate offered may be higher or lower than the comparison example above. Rates currently range from 7.99% p.a. to 20.49% p.a. (comparison rate from 9.18% p.a. to 21.61% p.a.)
3. Electric car charging offer: Receive 1,250-kWh charging limit to use for up to 12 months across the Australian Chargefox public charging network. After 12 months from offer activation or when the 1,250-kWh charging limit has been reached, charging costs will apply. This offer is available on a Westpac Car Loan that has been approved for a verified eligible electric car and e-contract acceptance confirmed. Within 30 days of e-contract acceptance, a unique voucher will be sent to the email address on the approved Car Loan application with activation instructions and expiry date. Offer is subject to change or be withdrawn at any time.
Example kilometres of over 7,000kms is based on average 15-20-kWhs per 100 kms and should be used as an example only. Car battery size, driver behaviour, temperature and other variables will affect the distance performance. Up to $750 of free charging value is based on $0.60 cost per kWhs for Ultra-rapid charging stations. kWh pricing may be higher or lower depending on the type of charger used. For more information visit https://www.chargefox.com/announcing-a-price-change-to-20-fast-charging-chargefox-stations/
- Car Loan repayment terms range from 1 to 7 years. Interest rate ranges and representative examples are based on a personal loan of $30,000 borrowed for 5 years with the interest rate of 5.99% p.a. (comparison rate 7.20% p.a.), the estimated total amount payable including fees is $35,801. The actual rate offered may be higher or lower than the comparison example above. Rates currently range from 5.99% p.a. to 12.99% p.a. (comparison rate from 7.20% p.a. to 14.14% p.a.)
**Repayment calculator: Any calculations made by you using this calculator is intended as a guide only. It is for illustrative purposes only and is based on the accuracy of the information provided. The calculation is not an offer of credit. The amount you can borrow may vary once you complete a loan application and all the details relevant to our lending criteria are captured and verified. The calculations should not be relied on for the purpose of making a decision whether to apply for a personal loan. Weekly and fortnightly repayment calculations – if your monthly repayments are $1000, fortnightly repayments are calculated by dividing $1000 by 2 and rounding up if required ($1000 ÷ 2 = $500). Weekly repayments are calculated by dividing $1000 by 4 and rounding up if required ($1000 ÷ 4 = $250).
##The lending establishment fee will be added to your loan amount. Please read full terms and conditions before making a decision to apply for a Westpac Personal Loan.
^^To qualify for a Car Loan, applicant must meet all credit criteria and the car offered as security must meet all criteria - either new or if used, cannot be older than 7 years at time of application, registered under the applicant's name, has been made locally or imported by the manufacturer, has never been written off (even if it was repaired), has a paid, fully comprehensive insurance policy with Westpac noted as the financier and is for personal use only. The loan amount may exceed the vehicle’s market value, as reported by Redbook, to cover the purchase price of the vehicle and other expenses. If you're using a Westpac Car Loan to buy an electric or hybrid car, check our
~Car Loan for eligible Electric or Hybrid engine types is subject to a 0.5% discount on your personalised interest rate, applied at the time of application. Electric and Hybrid Car Loan interest rates range from 5.49% p.a. to 12.49% p.a. (comparison rate 6.70% p.a. to 13.65% p.a.^)
Credit provided by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.