A new look is just the beginning.
- A new sign-in screen in September. The helicopter is being replaced with a red background – one of several ‘wallpaper’ designs you can choose to personalise your banking.
- A new mobile banking experience – coming soon for all eligible iPhone customers (min. iOS 13 required).
- Expect faster, more intuitive mobile banking.
- Look forward to smart search, fast drag and drop transfers and quick pay options.
Why the new app?
A new menu bar to do your banking in just a few taps
Latest security updates to safeguard you against fraud
To help you spend less time on your banking
Are you ready for the new app?
Just update to iOS 13 and enable auto-updates via the settings in your iPhone. The new app will automatically update to your iPhone when it becomes available.
We’ve removed a few features for iPhone users which weren’t commonly used – things like Siri Banking, iMessage, Apple Watch App, Travel companion and Pay to Mobile. All other features remain.
Accessing the new app
Make sure your iPhone is set to auto-update and you are on the latest operating system. Minimum requirement is iOS 13.
We are gradually rolling out the new app experience to customers based on several different factors. Look forward to getting the new experience in the coming months.
The new app is compatible with the following iPhone devices:
- Device: iPhone 6s and above
- Operating system: iOS 13 and above
- To enjoy all the new features, you will also need to be on the
latest version of the App.
To update the operating system on your supported device:
- Connect your device to power and to the internet via Wi-Fi.
- Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install.
- Follow the prompts
An easy way to tell if you’re on the new app is to check the colour of the app icon on your mobile device. If the app icon is white with the Westpac logo in red, then you have the newest app and are ready to be upgraded to the new experience in the coming months.
If you see this icon, you have been updated
If you see this icon, you haven’t been updated
Alternatively, check the app version in the iOS settings. The new app version is v9.0.0. You can also visit the App Store. If you can’t update the app, you are on the latest version.
Yes. Accessibility is always a key consideration for any product or service we offer. We have tested the app extensively to ensure that it is accessible, and we will continue to deliver improvements to help all customers.
Using the new app
To use the drag and drop feature you will need two accounts which are eligible for fund transfers - not all accounts are eligible: You will also need to have Quick View enabled via settings.
- On the Quick View screen, press down on the account you want to transfer from until the $ icon appears.
- Drag onto the account you want to receive the funds.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer.
We have modified the way you view your transactions from Quick Balance. Just select the account you wish to view, sign in, and you will automatically be taken in to that account page to view your transactions.
Things you should know
Westpac Mobile Banking applications are only available for use by Westpac Australia customers.
Internet connection is needed to access Westpac Mobile Banking app. Normal mobile data charges apply.
Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Watch is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android, Google Pay and Google Play are trademarks of Google LLC.
© Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.