Pay to Mobile - Collection Terms and Conditions
- Pay to Mobile is a service we offer that allows Westpac customers to make payments to third parties by giving us the third party's Australian mobile phone number.
- These Terms and Conditions govern your use of our Pay to Mobile Payment Collection Page to claim a payment. If you are a Westpac customer and wish to collect a payment to pay into your Westpac account, the terms and conditions of that account apply also.
Claiming a payment
- You will be notified by the Payer that a payment is available for you to claim. The Payer may notify you via SMS or email, by phone, or by other means as the Payer sees fit. Receiving a notification from the Payer in itself does not mean you will receive the payment.
- To claim a payment, first you access our Pay to Mobile Payment Collection Page, then you must enter:
- the Australian mobile phone number the payment was made to;
- the Payment Code (as provided to you by the Payer); and
- the details of your eligible Australian bank account for the funds to be paid to.
If you do not enter this information correctly, your claim of the payment may be unsuccessful.
- All details entered by you on our Pay to Mobile Payment Collection Page must be correct. In processing payments, we do not check that the account number entered matches the account name or BSB details provided. Please take care to correctly enter your BSB and account number as you may not be able to recover a payment if it is credited to an incorrect account.
- If your claim of the payment is successful, the amount claimed is generally credited to your account within 3 business days. Processing of the receipt by your financial institution may be different. If you are not a Westpac customer, once you have claimed your payment, any relationship between Westpac and you ceases. If your claim of the payment is unsuccessful (see more below under "When payments cannot be claimed"), the funds are returned to the Payer.
- If your claim of the payment is unsuccessful or if you wish to dispute the amount of the payment, you must contact the Payer.
When payments cannot be claimed
- Payment Code expiry: You must successfully claim the payment by midnight Sydney time on the third calendar day following the day on which the Payment Code is created by the Payer. If you do not successfully claim the payment within this time, the Payment Code will expire and you will need to contact the Payer to initiate a new payment.
- Payment details entered incorrectly: If you enter any payment details incorrectly, you may not be able to proceed with your claim and you may need to contact the Payer to initiate a new payment.
- Payments cancelled, suspended or blocked by the Payer or by Westpac: The Payer may, or we may, cancel, suspend or block a Payment at any time for any reason (for example, if we suspect mistake or fraud). We will not notify you or provide you with the reason and you should contact the Payer if you are advised that your payment claim is not able to be processed.
- If your payment is not available for you to claim for any reason, you should contact the Payer.
- You must not:
a. disclose the Payment Code to anyone;
b. record the Payment Code anywhere that may lead to loss, theft or abuse.
- We are not responsible for any loss you or anyone suffers due to:
a. any failure or delay by the Payer in providing you or us with the correct information to enable you to make a payment claim;
b. anyone becoming aware of the Payment Code;
c. you entering incorrect information on our Pay to Mobile Payment Collection Page; or
d. the Payer or Westpac cancelling, suspending or blocking the Payment prior to your successful claim of it.
- We collect personal information from you to process your claim for a payment. If you do not provide all the information we request, we may not be able to process your claim.
- We may exchange, use or disclose your personal information to other members of the Westpac Group, anyone we engage to do something on our behalf and other organisations that assist us with our business, or as required by law. Sometimes it may be necessary to send your information overseas (for example, if we outsource functions overseas).
Changes relating to the Pay to Mobile Payment Collection Page
- We may suspend or terminate your use of, or reduce the level of service to, the Pay to Mobile Payment Collection Page at any time. We are not responsible for damages or losses suffered by you or anyone as a result of this, whether actual, alleged, consequential or otherwise.
- We may change these Terms and Conditions or the Pay to Mobile Payment Collection Page from time to time and without prior notice.
Meaning of words
"Payment Code" is the authentication code the Payer provides to you that must be entered when you claim a payment.
"payment" is the funds the Payer instructed us to make available for you to claim.
"Payer" is the person who instructed us to make a payment available for you to claim.
"you" or "your" means the person entitled to claim a payment via the Westpac Pay to Mobile Payment Collection Page.
"Westpac", "we", "us" or "our" means Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.
"Westpac Group" means Westpac and its related bodies corporate.