How to register for Westpac Protect™ SMS Code
Westpac Protect™ SMS Code
Westpac Protect™ SMS Code helps protect you by using your mobile phone to confirm certain transactions via text message when you bank online.
It's quick, simple and offers:
- Increased security (free of charge)
- A higher daily limit
- The ability to instantly reset your Westpac Live password online if you've forgotten it
- Flexibility to instantly increase your limit online
- Same day 'Pay Anyone' payments to other Westpac accounts
- Alerts to unauthorised activity
- Access to additional payment types
- Access to User administration functions for Administrators.
Registration is quick and easy
Take just 2 minutes to register. Personal customers, sign in to Westpac Live, select 'Preferences' from the 'Services and preferences' tab, then ‘Security’ and follow the simple step by step instructions. If you don't have a mobile number on file, you'll need to call us to register.
Living or travelling overseas? The SMS service may not be supported by local mobile contract providers. Find out more
You can register for Westpac Protect™ SMS Code using Online Banking if you have already provided us with your mobile phone number.
Sign in to Online Banking.
Select 'Preferences' in the Services & preferences drop down menu.
Expand the 'Security' section.
Select 'Activate' in the SMS Code section.
Confirm the number to use for SMS Code authorisation. Select 'Confirm' to continue.
You will be sent an SMS with a 6 digit SMS Code. When prompted, enter the 6 digit code and select 'Authorise'.
You will be presented with an Activation successful confirmation message. Select 'OK'.
The SMS Code section of the Security section will appear as Active.