Help protects you best when we can contact you
Update your contact details so we can keep you safe
Help us help you by keeping your details up-to-date. That way if something happens which doesn’t look quite right, we can get hold of you quickly - and keep you and your accounts safe.
How help kicks in
With your mobile number and email we can reach you in the fastest, most efficient way.
Plus, it also makes it easy for you to be notified of any updates or changes to your banking.
Email not snail mail
If something happens, an email is much quicker than the post.
Text alerts you instantly
Having your mobile number means we can text you to help stop suspicious activity in its tracks.
A quick phone call
With the right mobile number, we can call you straight away if we notice something unusual.
Before updating online, you must register for SMS Protect
If you haven’t already, register for Westpac SMS Protect, which uses your mobile phone to confirm certain transactions, via text messages when you bank online.
Registering is easy and takes around two minutes. Simply:
- Sign in to Online Banking.
- Select Preferences in the Services & preferences drop down menu.
- Expand the Security section.
- Select Activate in the SMS Code section.
- Confirm the number to use for SMS Code authorisation. Select Confirm to continue.
- You will be sent an SMS to your registered mobile phone with a 6 digit Westpac Protect™ SMS Code. When prompted, enter the 6 digit code and select Authorise.
- You will be presented with an Activation successful confirmation message. Select OK.
- The SMS Code section of the Security section will appear as Active
You’re now ready to update your contact details
- Sign in to Online Banking
- Select Services & preferences
- Select Personal details
- Input the SMS Code you are sent and tap on Continue
- Select any of your contact details and edit then. To save your changes, tap on Update
Alternatively, you can also add additional contact details by clicking the Add button and selecting Add once inputted.
Things you should know
Your use of Online & Mobile Banking is subject to the Online and Mobile Banking Terms and Conditions. An internet connection is needed to access Online Banking. Normal data charges apply when using Mobile Banking.