Pay the simple way
Travelling light and want to stay contact-free? Try linking your eligible Westpac Mastercard® debit or credit card or personal Handycard to Apple Pay.
Set up your digital wallet with a compatible iPhone, Apple Watch, Mac, or iPad in just a few steps.
Device-specific numbers and unique transaction codes help keep your card and personal details secure.
Make payments for any amount in-store, in-app, and online using Face ID or Touch ID.
Where to pay
Use Apple Pay wherever you see one of these symbols.
In apps and on the web
Setting up Apple Pay
Via Apple Wallet on your iPhone
- Open the Wallet app
- Tap + in the top right corner of your screen and follow the prompts
Via the Westpac App on your iPhone
- Sign into the Westpac App and search Apple Pay in the Smart Search bar
- Tap Add to Apple Pay, then swipe to select the card you want to add
- Tap Add to Apple Wallet and follow the prompts
For your Apple Watch
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone
- Tap Wallet & Apple Pay
- Tap Add Card and follow the prompts
Using Apple Pay
Check for the ‘tap to pay’ symbol on the card reader, then activate your Apple wallet:
- With Face ID on your iPhone: Double-press the side button, glance at your screen, then hold your iPhone near the card reader.
- With Touch ID on your iPhone: Put your iPhone close to the card reader, holding your finger on Touch ID.
- On your Apple Watch: Double-press the side button and hold your Apple Watch up to the card reader.
How to pay in-store using Touch ID
How to pay in-store with iPhone X
Things you should know:
This information does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account. Consider its appropriateness to these factors before acting on it.
To use your eligible Westpac card with Apple Pay you must be registered for Westpac Online Banking and use an Australian mobile number for Westpac Protect™ SMS Code or a SecurID Token code. Read the at westpac.com.au before making a decision and consider whether the product is right for you.
*Read the before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Apple Pay you will need an eligible card, and a compatible device with a supported operating system. See our Apple Pay FAQs for more information. Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Apple Watch and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of, and PayPass™ is a trademark of, Mastercard International Incorporated.