Managing your investment strategy should be seamless. Share trading with Westpac Online Investing provides all the tools on-hand to help you trade smarter.
Manage your investment strategy
- Save on brokerage in the first month*
- Trade online from $19.95 or 0.11% of trade value (whichever is greater)^
- Access the latest news and independent research
News and independent research
We offer a choice of three research packages to suit your requirements.
Free risk management tools
Manage your strategy without having to continually monitor the market, with our free conditional orders.
Charting and trading alerts
We offer a suite of tools to keep you informed. From customisable charting tools, to SMS and email trading alerts.
Active Trader Advantage
Don't miss investment opportunities waiting for funds to settle. With Active Trader Advantage we will offset your trades as you go.
Westpac Online Investing, see it in action with trading ideas.
Trading on the go
Access your portfolio and trade anywhere, anytime, with our trading platform. Use your phone, tablet or desktop to stay on top of your investments.
You don't need to be tied to your desk to manage your investments. Use our free Westpac Online Investing App to manage your portfolio, and more.
- Actively trade in ASX shares, warrants and ETFs;
- View and edit your watchlists and outstanding orders;
- Access to live quotes, market depth, daily stock market report, news on market indices and exchange rates, company announcements, company news and charts;
- Choose from our standard platform or Trader Pro, with dynamic streaming data and a fully customisable design
- View your integrated cash account balances and settle trades with your integrated investment loan.
Integrated cash management
By linking your Westpac Online Investing Account to our Westpac Cash Investment Account, you can enjoy low brokerage rates, starting from $19.95 or 0.11% (whichever is greater)^.
- Enjoy a standard variable interest rate of 1.50% p.a. plus bonus interest if you settle three or more ASX trades via your linked Westpac Online Investing Account within one calendar month;
- Access funds in your Westpac Cash Investment Account quickly and easily so you can take advantage of market opportunities; and
- Pay nothing to establish the account, no minimum balance is required, enjoy no monthly account servicing fees and free electronic transactions**.
If you already have a Westpac Online Investing Account, log in and convert your settlement option to the Cash Investment Account.
No set-up fee applies to Westpac Online Investing. Settlement fees vary depending on trade value and settlement account.
Settle to an integrated Westpac Cash Investment Account^:
- Trade online from $19.95 or 0.11% of trade value (whichever is greater)
- 1.50% p.a. variable rate on your full balance
- 0.50% p.a. variable bonus interest if you settle 3 or more ASX trade per month
- No set-up or account service fees
- Free electronic transactions
Settle to an integrated Westpac Investment Loan Account#:
- Trade online from $19.95 or 0.11% of trade value (whichever is greater)
- Receive preferential variable and fixed rates on your investment loan
- Borrow up to $500,000^^ using the 100 ASX-listed shares or a range of Exchange Traded Funds or Managed Funds as security
- 24/7 access, flexible repayments and no application, establishment or transaction fees.
Settlement using any Australian bank account
- $29.95 or 0.29% of trade value, whichever is greater (excludes ETOs and Global Markets).
More about our fees and charges when you trade with us
You can find out more about our fees and charges by referring to the brokerage tables.
Integrated Westpac Cash Investment Account
Open a new account purpose-built for trading. Earn variable interest (currently 1.50% p.a.)
Any Australian bank account
Use your own existing account from any Australian bank
$19.95 or 0.11% of trade value^
$29.95 or 0.29% of trade value^
|Apply online||Apply online|
Things you should know
* Special introductory offer: One month’s FREE brokerage
Only available to new Westpac Online Investing customers who open an account on or before 31 December 2016. Existing customers are not eligible. You will not be charged the first $50 (inc. GST) of brokerage on each contract note trade settled within 30 days of account opening (Introductory Period). This offer is for online trades in ASX-listed shares only (options and international equities excluded). We reserve the right to end the Introductory Period early on one business day’s notice in the event that a customer’s trading activities exceed reasonable limits determined by us in our discretion. Once the Introductory Period has ended, the standard rates of brokerage will apply. This offer is not redeemable for cash and is not transferable. Our normal terms and conditions apply unless otherwise specified here.
^ Trade online from $19.95 or 0.11% of the trade value (whichever is greater) when you settle through a Westpac Cash Investment Account, Westpac Online Investing Loan, or DIY Super Working Account. Please refer to the for full brokerage rates. The Westpac Cash Investment Account and Online Banking are issued by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233713. Conditions, fees and charges apply. Read the before deciding.
^^ Lending criteria applies.
# You will not be charged the first $50 (inc. GST) of brokerage on each contract note for trades settled within 60 days of account opening, up to a total value of $1,000 (inc. GST). This offer is for online trades in ASX-listed shares only (options and international equities excluded). This offer is valid for new accounts opened by 31 December 2016. The free brokerage offer is not applicable to any existing accounts, only a new integrated Westpac Online Investment Loan account. We reserve the right to terminate this offer or amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice. This offer is not redeemable for cash and is not transferable. Our normal terms and conditions apply unless otherwise specified here.
More about Westpac Online Investing
Share trading through Westpac Securities Limited ABN 39 087 924 221, AFSL 233723 ("Westpac Securities") is a service provided by Australian Investment Exchange Ltd ABN 71 076 515 930, AFSL 241400 ("the Participant"), a Participant of the ASX Group and Chi-X Australia.
The Participant is not authorised to carry on business in any jurisdiction other than Australia. Accordingly, the information contained in this website is directed to and available for Australian residents only.
Know your risk and check the details
Investment in securities and derivatives involves risk. Share prices rise and fall. The payment of dividends and the return of capital are not guaranteed. This information has been prepared without taking account of the objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular individual.
For this reason, you should consider the appropriateness of the information, having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs and, if necessary, seek appropriate professional advice.
You should also read the , which provides you with the services the Participant and Westpac Securities can provide. In addition, you should read all relevant Product Disclosure Statements or disclosure documents. You can access the FSG via westpac.com.au/onlineinvesting.
Australian Investment Exchange Ltd ABN 71 076 515 930, AFSL 241400 tries to ensure that the information provided is complete and correct but readers are advised to check any important item(s) with us before making any decisions.
Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Watch is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android™ and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.