How to claim
The following guide will help you through the process if the unexpected has happened and you need to make a claim.
The claims process for Westpac Travel Insurance and the Complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance available with some credit cards differs as they are separate policies, issued by different insurers. Contact those third party insurers directly to lodge a claim.
How to claim: Westpac Travel Insurance
To save you time, we’ve made our travel insurance claims process as straightforward as possible. Simply follow the steps below.
- Go to the Travel Claims website
- Log in using your Westpac travel insurance policy number, surname and date of birth
- Download, print and complete the relevant sections of the travel insurance claim form
- Attach any supporting documentation, such as police reports, valuations, medical reports, etc. The travel insurance claim form will tell you what is required
- Email, fax or post your completed claim form and supporting documentation to:
Fax: +617 3305 7016
Post: Westpac Travel Insurance
PO Box 162
Toowong Qld 4066
If you are submitting original documents with your travel insurance claim, please remember to keep copies for your records.
Things you might need to provide
When claiming, you must give the insurer all the information and documentation they may request in order to properly assess any claim. Depending on the type of claim, this may include, but is not limited to, medical evidence, police reports, receipts, invoices, airline, train or bus tickets and luggage tags.
How to claim: Complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance
The Complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance available with some credit cards is issued by Allianz Global Assistance and claims must be lodged with them for processing.
If you want to make a claim:
- In Australia: Call 1800 091 710
- If Overseas: Call +61 7 3305 7468 anytime.
- Online: insurance.agaassistance.com.au/westpac
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You must contact Allianz Global Assistance within 30 days or as soon as possible of returning home from overseas or interstate (even if you have previously reported the matter to Allianz Global Assistance), or if you are already home, contact us within 30 days or as soon as possible of learning of an occurrence (loss, damage or breakdown) that may result in a claim.
Things you might need to provide
In order for Allianz Global Assistance to confirm your eligibility for complimentary overseas travel insurance, you will need to have copies of relevant documents, including:
- Your return overseas travel tickets
- Your eligible credit card statement – simply login to Internet Banking to find and print the required statements.
Any documentation they require to process your claim including, medical certificates, doctor and police reports, receipts, invoices, airline, train or bus tickets and luggage tags.
Things you should know
AWP Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 52 097 227 177, AFSL 245631, of 74 High Street, Toowong, QLD 4066 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the underwriter, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850, AFSL 234708, has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac), of 275 Kent Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 which allows eligible Westpac account holders and cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee the insurance. You can get a copy of the policy booklet by downloading the .