Skip to main content Skip to main navigation
Skip to accessibility page Skip to search input

Stolen, lost or damaged property

Stolen property

If your property is stolen or maliciously damaged, you must report this to the local police or government authority within 24 hours and obtain a copy of their report.

Lost or damaged property

  • If you’re in transit, you must report the loss or damage to your transport provider within 24 hours of becoming aware of it, and obtain a written copy of the report
  • If property is lost or damaged in other circumstances, you must report this to Allianz Global Assistance within 30 days of your return home
  • If we pay you for lost or damaged property and you later recover the property or it is replaced by a third party, you must pay us the amount of the claim we paid you.

Credit card travel insurance claims

Learn more about making a claim on the complimentary overseas travel insurance policy, available with some credit cards.


Things you should know

^Emergency medical assistance available on Comprehensive, Essential and Multi-Trip policies. Not available on Domestic policies.

Travel Insurance is issued by AGA Assistance Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance), as agent for the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Allianz). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 arranges the insurance as agent of Allianz, but does not guarantee the insurance. Policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDF 817KB) to see if this insurance is right for you. Call 1800 502 077.

By clicking on Get a quote you will enter a third party site hosted by Allianz. Any personal information you provide to Allianz’s hosted site will be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with Allianz’s Privacy Statement and Privacy Policy.

Westpac's Privacy Policy is available at or by calling 132 032. It covers:
- How you can access the personal information Westpac holds about you and ask for it to be corrected;
- How you can complain about a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or a registered Code by Westpac and how Westpac will deal with your complaint; and
- How Westpac collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in more detail.