I know that my car is covered under a Westpac Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy, but what about personal effects in my car?
The insurer will pay for personal effects and clothing belonging to you, your spouse, your de facto or dependent children which are:
- damaged in a collision involving your vehicle,
- stolen from your vehicle which was locked, or
- stolen at the same time as your vehicle.
The insurer may choose to pay the amount of the loss or damage, or repair or replace the personal effect or item of clothing.
The maximum the insurer will pay in respect of any one accident or theft is $1,000.
Need some help?
Things you should know
Westpac Motor Insurance is issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Allianz). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 arranges the insurance as agent of Allianz, but does not guarantee the insurance. Policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the to see if this insurance is right for you. Call 1800 502 077.
* Any online discounts offered are applied to the insurer’s standard rates (excluding optional covers) and are for the first year’s premium only (unless stated otherwise).
- How you can access the personal information Westpac holds about you and ask for it to be corrected;
- How you can complain about a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or a registered Code by Westpac and how Westpac will deal with your complaint; and
- How Westpac collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in more detail.