Skip to main content Skip to main navigation
Skip to accessibility page Skip to search input

How to claim

If something happens to your investment property, we know you’ll want help fast to get it back on track. So making a claim is simple.

Step 1: Make sure your tenants are safe 

Step 2: Do what you can to make sure your property is safe

Step 3: Call the police if necessary

Step 4: Lodge your claim:

If you need to send in documents relating to your claim, our details are below. Please note your claim number on the documents or subject line:

Fax: 1300 200 850
Postal: GPO Box 4451
Sydney NSW 2001

What happens after you've lodged your claim?

  • You’ll receive a letter confirming your claim and case number, and requesting any further information or documents needed (e.g. police report, copies of original receipts for items you're claiming)
  • An assessor may need to inspect your home and any damage that may have occurred, and we ask that you assist and co-operate with enquiries
  • If no further information is needed, your claim will be settled within 10 business days after receiving your documentation.

If you need help at any time, or want to track the progress of your claim, simply call 1300 369 989 24/7 and quote your case number.


Things you should know

Westpac Retail and Business Banking Financial Services Guide, Credit Guide and Privacy Statement (PDF 102KB)

Home and Contents Product Disclosure Statement (applicable to policies initially issued on or after 26 October 2015 or current policies last renewed on or after the 08 August 2016) (PDF 11MB)

View the Home and Contents Insurance Key Fact Sheets.

Landlord Insurance is issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (except workers compensation cover where applicable). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 distributes the insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the Product Disclosure Statement to see if this insurance is right for you.