Add optional Personal Valuables for special items to give you extra cover beyond the standard limits – for theft or accidental loss or damage at your home, elsewhere in Australia, and anywhere in the world for up to 90 days.
There are 3 ways to cover personal valuables:
- Specified (list specific items with an individual sum insured)
- Unspecified (any items from the list below which are covered for up to your chosen limits of cover as listed on your policy schedule. You can choose from various levels of cover up to $7,500 in total)
- Combination of both.
Personal valuables items
Clothing and other personal items
- Clothing, toiletries, cosmetics
- Jewellery and watches including SmartWatches (but not unset gems, stones or unattached charms)
- Sunglasses, spectacles, contact lenses
- Wallets, purses, handbags, travel bags, luggage
- Dentures, hearing aids, walking sticks, crutches.
- Mobile telephones, electronic diaries and devices and their associated accessories
- Photographic equipment, video cameras, binoculars, telescopes
- Laptops, mobile and portable computing devices and portable data storage devices, calculators, and personal handheld navigational equipment
- Portable battery operated radio, sound and visual entertainment devices
- Portable shavers, portable hair styling equipment.
General household items
- Books, pens, compendiums
- Musical instruments
- Prams, strollers, baby capsules, carriers.
- Non-motorised sporting equipment, including bicycles (but not firearms)
- Non-motorised water craft up to 4m in length (surfboards, sail boards, surf skis, canoes and kayaks)
- Portable camping and fishing equipment, picnic sets, travel blankets.
Things you should know
The information contained in this article is general information only and is not specific to any product.
It does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and so you should consider its appropriateness, having regard to your personal objectives, financial situation and needs to these factors before acting on it.
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply to any insurance product. Please read the disclosure documents for your selected product or service, including the Terms and Conditions or Product Disclosure Statement, before deciding.
Cover is subject to your application for insurance being accepted.
Home and Contents Insurance is issued by Allianz Australia General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319, which is a corporate authorised representative of Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 (Allianz Insurance). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL 233714 arranges the insurance under a distribution arrangement with Allianz Insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the Product Disclosure Statement to see if this insurance is right for you.
- How you can access the personal information Westpac holds about you and ask for it to be corrected;
- How you can complain about a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or a registered Code by Westpac and how Westpac will deal with your complaint; and
- How Westpac collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in more detail.