Still need home insurance?
Thanks for considering us for your home insurance
Ways you can save on your premium*
- Complete your application online to save 15% in the first year.
- Plus, save 10% for the life of the policy when you combine home & contents cover at the same address.
Completing your application online is quick and easy.
If you have your quote number handy, you can pick up where you left off or you can start a new one.
Outstanding Value Home Insurance
Home and Contents Insurance
Awarded Canstar’s 5-Star Rating for Outstanding Value Home and Contents Insurance in 2020.
Awarded Canstar’s 5-Star Rating for Outstanding Value Contents Insurance in 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Awarded Canstar’s 5-Star Rating for Outstanding Value Home Insurance in 2019 and 2020.
When you choose Westpac
You benefit from:
- Comprehensive cover. Storm, flood, fire and theft cover included as standard, as well as emergency accommodation benefits#.
- Choice of cover to suit your needs. Three levels of cover available: Essential Care, Quality Care or Premium Care.
- Flexible payment options. You can pay your premium annually or by the month at no extra cost^.
Can I make my premium more affordable?
- Consider your claim excess. Generally speaking, the higher the excess, the lower the premium.
- Review your home security features, such as deadlocks, window locks and alarms.
You may also qualify for our No Claim discount and/or our Westpac Premier Advantage Package home loan discount.
Things you should know
Cover is subject to your application for insurance being accepted.
* Quote and buy online and save 15% off your annual premium for the first year with promotional code COVER. Plus, save 10% when you combine building and contents at the same address under the one policy.
# If your home is unliveable we will cover up to $10,000 (under Essential Care Building) or $5,000 (under Essential Care Contents) or up to 10% of the sum insured for up to 12 months (under Quality or Premier Care) for similar alternative accommodation.
^ Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments due to rounding and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
Insurance is issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (except workers compensation cover where applicable). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 arranges the insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance. This information does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account. Read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement to see if the insurance is right for you.