Home and contents make a claim
If something happens to your home and the things you love, we know you’ll want help fast. So making a claim is simple.
Step 1: Make sure you're safe
Step 2: Do what you can to make sure your property is safe
Step 3: Call the police if necessary
Step 4: Lodge your claim:
If you need to send in documents relating to your claim, our details are below. Please note your claim number on the documents or subject line:
Fax: 1300 200 850
Postal: GPO Box 4451
Sydney NSW 2001
What happens after you've lodged your claim?
- You’ll receive a letter confirming your claim and case number, and requesting any further information or documents needed (e.g. police report, copies of original receipts for items you're claiming
- An assessor may need to inspect your home and any damage that may have occurred, and we ask that you assist and co-operate with enquiries
- If no further information is needed, your claim will be settled within 10 business days after receiving your documentation.
If you need help at any time, or want to track the progress of your claim, please call the most appropriate Claims team below and quote your case number:
- Landlord related Claims please call 1300 666 424
- Weather related Claims please call 1300 361 275
- All other Claim types please call 1300 112 140
Things you should know
View the Home and Contents Insurance Key Fact Sheets.
Home and Contents Insurance is issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (except workers compensation cover where applicable). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 distributes the insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the to see if this insurance is right for you.