Purchase a new policy by 31 March for your chance to win back your first year’s premium#.
Get 3 flexible levels of home insurance (building only) cover with no extra fee to pay by the month, and an automatic safety net for more peace of mind.
- Save 10% off your annual premium for the first year when you apply online and enter the promotional code COVER.
- Comprehensive cover for storm, flood, fire, theft and more
- Valuable extra cover included for emergency accommodation and a sum insured safety net in case repair or replacement costs are higher than expected
- Lifetime guarantee on authorised (and arranged) repairs
- Make the most of discounts to help save on your premium, including a no claim bonus, combined policy discount and more.
No matter what level of cover you choose, these events are covered as standard. Of course, like all policies, some exclusions, limits and conditions apply.
- Escape of liquid
- Malicious acts, riot and civil commotion
- Legal liability up to $20 million.
Here are some key differences between the 3 levels of cover.
||Quality Care||Premier Care
Compare the differences on the full list of insured events and extras.
After an insured event (and sometimes even without one), related expenses and extra benefits are automatically covered.
Home building benefits paid in addition to your building sum insured
|Sum insured safety net||Up to 10% of the sum insured||Up to 20% of the sum insured||Up to 30% of the sum insured|
|Demolition and removal of debris||Up to 10% of the sum insured||Up to 10% of the sum insured||Up to 10% of the sum insured|
|Emergency accommodation||Up to $10,000||Up to 10% of the sum insured or for up to 12 months whichever is less||Up to 10% of the sum insured or for up to 12 months whichever is less|
|Rainwater tanks and solar heating||
|Up to $3,000||Up to $5,000|
|Building modifications for paraplegia or quadriplegia||Up to $5,000||Up to $10,000|
Home building benefits paid as part of your building sum insured
|Emergency repairs and protection||
|Professional fees||Up to 10% of the sum insured||Up to 10% of the sum insured||Up to 10% of the sum insured|
|Building laws and regulations||Up to 10% of the sum insured||Up to 10% of the sum insured||Up to 10% of the sum insured|
|Fire brigade and services charges||Up to $5,000||Up to $5,000||Up to $5,000|
|Unsecured renovation materials||
|Up to $1,000||Up to $2,000|
|Purchasing a home||
|Up to $20,000||Up to $20,000|
|Gardens and landscaping||
|Up to $10,000|
Other building benefits
|Sum insured automatic indexation|
|Locks and keys||Up to $1,000||Up to $2,000|
There's no extra fee to pay monthly, and you can save on your premium if you qualify for one or more of these discounts:
- No claim bonus
- If you have a Westpac Premier Advantage Package home loan (please call or visit us to receive this discount).
Your online quote will automatically include the discounts you're eligible for, unless otherwise stated above.
The cost of your premium is made up of a wide range of factors and some of your choices may also help reduce your premium.
Generally speaking, here's how your choices may affect your premium:
- Choosing a voluntary claim excess. The higher the voluntary claim excess chosen, the lower your premium: $250, $500, $1,000, $2,000, $5,000
- Choosing a lower level of cover e.g. the premium for Quality Care is less than Premier Care
- Your home security features (contents premium):
- Deadlocks, key operated window locks, security grills or bar
- Local or back-to-base alarm
Things you should know
Cover is subject to your application for insurance being accepted.
#For eligible policies purchased between 12am AEDT on 01/02/2017 and 11:59pm AEDT 31/03/2017, up to the maximum value of $5,000. Promotion opens 12am AEDT on 01/02/17 and closes 11.59pm AEDT on 31/03/2017. Entry is open to all Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Westpac Group employees and contractors are not eligible to enter. To enter the promotion, successfully purchase a policy under any of the following Westpac products: Westpac Home and Contents Insurance, Westpac Landlord Insurance and Westpac Motor Insurance (each an “Eligible Policy”). Winners are drawn daily at random at 11am at Level 13, 2 Market St Sydney 2000. Winners notified in writing or via phone and their names will be published in the Public Notices section of The Australian Newspaper on 10/02/17, 24/02/17, 10/03/17, 24/03/17, and 07/04/17. The promoter is Westpac General Insurance Limited, ABN 99 003 719 319. Authorised under trade promotion permits: ACT Permit No: TP 17/00115, SA Permit No T17/111, NSW Permit No LTPS/17/11114.
View the Home and Contents Insurance Key Fact Sheets.
Home and Contents Insurance is issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (except workers compensation cover where applicable). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 distributes the insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the to see if this insurance is right for you.