Disasters can’t be helped, but people can.
We’d like to assure our customers that we’re here to support you during these difficult times. For the past 200 years Westpac has been part of Australian communities, and we’ll continue to be there for you as you recover.
Our Disaster Relief Package* could help you financially.
We’d like to ease the burden of your financial commitments so you can concentrate on the more important issues at hand.
The Disaster Relief Package available to Westpac customers affected by Tropical Cyclone Debbie may enable you to:
- Defer payments on your mortgage and credit cards for up to 3 months
- Waive interest rate adjustments on early access to current Term Deposits^
- Request an emergency credit limit increase on your credit card limit.*
- Apply for a personal loan at a discounted rate with no establishment fee*
- Defer business loan repayments for up to 3 months
If you have been impacted by the recent natural disaster, please enter your details into our Online Hardship Form to receive instant approval. Alternatively, please don’t hesitate to call on 1800 067 497.
We’re also supporting the Salvation Army Cyclone Debbie Appeal.
Westpac Group will be providing a total $100,000 in assistance to communities affected by the cyclone, including a donation to the Salvation Army. You can help by making a donation to the Appeal at salvos.org.au or at any Westpac branch.
Westpac Home and Contents Insurance or Landlord Insurance customer?
Westpac Home and Contents Insurance and Landlord Insurance** covers Tropical Cyclone Debbie and flooding.
Home and Contents Insurance customers also may have access to emergency accommodation. To make a claim anytime, please call us on 1800 198 229 or .
Westpac Car, Travel or Business Insurance customer?
To make a claim on your car, travel or business insurance, please call 1800 502 077.
Things you should know
* Conditions and other fees and charges apply.^ From 1 January 2016, you need to give 31 days’ notice before accessing a Term Deposit, unless you qualify for immediate access under our Hardship Policy.** Home and Contents Insurance and Landlord Insurance are issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319. Westpac arranges the insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Terms and conditions, and limitations and exclusions apply. Please note that new policies do not provide flood cover for at least 7 days, cyclone cover for at least 5 days, and storm cover for at least 48hrs, from the date the policy commences (longer exclusion periods may apply during natural disasters). Read the Product Disclosure Statement, to see if this insurance is right for you. Call 1300 650 255 or visit Westpac.com.au/insurance
Car, Travel and Business Insurance are issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850. Westpac does not guarantee the insurance. © Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714