Important notice to our customers
Westpac Group has announced an agreement with Allianz to continue to help us provide our customers with general insurance products.
If you are an existing Westpac insurance customer, you may be wondering what this means for you. Our agreement with Allianz means we will be able to continue to support our customers with their insurance needs and there is no change to your current Westpac insurance policy or any claim that may be in progress as a result of this announcement.
See our FAQs to learn more.
Choose from home and/or contents, landlord and renters insurance.
- Comprehensive cover for storm, flood, fire, theft and more
- Pay by the month at no extra cost
- 24/7 claims support – we’ll do whatever we can to help in your hour of need and support you every step of the way
We are temporarily ceasing sales of Travel Insurance.
Following the advice of the Australian Government not to travel overseas, our travel partner Allianz Global Assistance is temporarily ceasing sale of new domestic and international Travel Insurance policies, effective 27 March 2020. There may be other insurance options available to suit your requirements; please refer to the Insurance Council of Australia website for a list of alternative providers.
The cover provided by Westpac Travel Insurance differs across plans, and can include the following:
- 24/7 call centre emergency Medical Assistance on international policies – cover provided under Comprehensive, Essentials, and Multi Trip plans only
- Travel delay cover where your journey is delayed for at least 6 hours from circumstances outside of your control
- Cancellation cover if your journey is cancelled, rescheduled or shortened because of circumstances that were not expected or intended by you and outside of your control
The above is a summary only and cover is subject to policy terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits. For full details, please see the Product Disclosure Statement
Things you should know
Cover is subject to your application for insurance being accepted.
^ Quote and buy online and save 15% off your annual premium for the first year with promotional code COVER. Plus, save 10% when you combine building and contents at the same address under the one policy.
* Save up to 15% on Comprehensive Motor Insurance is a combination of two discounts: 10% on your first year’s premium when buying a new policy online, and 0-10% Safe Driver Discount (SDD), based on the driving history of all drivers named on the policy. Save up to 15% discount is based on data which shows a substantial proportion of customers will receive a 5% SDD on their premiums. If you are eligible for more than one discount, we apply each of them in a predetermined order (excluding taxes and government charges). This means the effect of applying any subsequent discount will be reduced. For example, the combined effect of applying two 10% discounts consecutively means you will not see the full benefit of both discounts. Discounts may be subject to rounding and only apply to the extent any minimum premium is not reached. Promotional or other discounts may apply from time to time for customers who apply for insurance via other methods. Discounts do not apply to the premium for optional covers. If you would like more information, please refer to the for further details.
1. Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
2. Terms, exclusions, conditions and limitations apply. Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for full details.
3. Allianz may authorise repairs by your chosen repairer or pay your reasonable repair costs or the car's agreed or market value.
Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank) can arrange the following insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance:
- Home and Contents Insurance and Landlord Insurance, which are issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (except workers compensation cover where applicable). View the Home and Contents Insurance Key Fact Sheets.
- Westpac Motor Insurance, which is issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850.
- Travel Insurance which is issued and managed by AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 trading as Allianz Global Assistance for the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708.
- Life and Income Protection Insurance, which are issued by Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ABN 31 003 149 157 (except for Term Life as Superannuation and Income Protection as Superannuation)
- Credit Card and Loan Repayment Insurance, which are issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 and Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ABN 31 003 149 157
- The Bank can refer clients to Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Allianz) for the following insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance:
- Caravan and Trailer Insurance, which is issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850
- Marine Pleasurecraft Insurance, which is issued by Club Marine Limited ABN 12 007 588 347 (Club Marine), as agent for Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850
If you take out Caravan and Trailer Insurance with Allianz the Bank will receive a commission of 10% of the premium. If you take out Marine Pleasurecraft Insurance with Club Marine the Bank will receive a commission of 10% of the premium.
This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement to see if the insurance is right for you.