Preparing for retirement
After so many years in the workforce, heading into retirement can be both exciting and daunting at the same time. Good retirement planning with the help of a BT Adviser can help you to be better prepared.
Some of the things we can help with include:
- Boosting your super balance by taking advantage of the tax savings available, like salary sacrificing, Government contributions and insurance through super
- Leveraging transition to retirement strategies to reduce your working hours and maintain your income; or continue working full or part-time
- Making wise investment choices to provide lasting income streams in retirement
Before you reach retirement, it pays to think about what you intend to do when you get there. Will you:
- Travel Australia or go abroad?
- Help secure your children's, or grandchildren's futures?
- Down-size your home or make a sea or tree change?
- Volunteer or study?
A BT Adviser can provide retirement planning advice on all these options. But whatever you decide, it’s important to have a plan in place and seek advice to make sure you’re going to have enough income and savings to enjoy life to the full.
Try our super calculator
Will you have enough super? Try our super and retirement calculator and see how your numbers stack up.
If the numbers aren’t as good as they could be, or you have question, talk to us about retirement planning today.
Things you should know
BT Advisers are representatives of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL & Australian Credit Licence 233714 (Westpac). BT is a division of Westpac. Conditions, fees and charges may apply. These may change or we may introduce new ones in the future. Full details are available on request. Lending criteria apply to approval of credit products. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances, so you should consider whether it's appropriate for you. View . This is an overview or summary only and it should not be considered a comprehensive statement on any matter or relied upon as such. Read the disclosure documents for your selected product or service, including the Terms and Conditions or Product Disclosure Statement, before deciding. Unless otherwise specified, the products and services described on this website are available only in Australia from Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714. Information current as at March 2016.