Defining your goals
The first step to creating a financial plan is to define your goals.
Perhaps you're saving for a home, wanting to pay off your mortgage more quickly or you're interested in investing. The importance of financial advice is that once we know what you want to achieve, our experienced financial advisers can work with you on strategies to help you get there. Our aim is simple – we want to provide you with the security of knowing that you have a plan in place for your future.
Before you speak with a financial adviser, think about:
- What's important to you and your loved ones?
- Where are you now, and what are your most urgent needs?
- Where do you want to be and what would you like to achieve in the future?
- Who else do we need to consider in creating your plan?
(i.e. spouse, family members, business partners, etc.)
- What other issues do we need to consider?
- What's your current investment experience and attitude?
Your initial appointment with a BT Adviser is at no cost to you, whether you'd prefer to have it over the phone or in person, so there's nothing to lose even if you just want to gain a better understanding of your current financial situation. In fact, that's part of the importance of financial planning. Once you know where you're at financially, you'll find having a solid plan makes even more sense.
Some of the benefits of financial advice are:
- Paying off your house faster
- Saving money and growing your assets
- Using tax-effective strategies to maximise your super
- Protecting your income and your loved ones
- Creating an investment portfolio and income stream.
Things you should know
BT Advisers are representatives of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL & Australian Credit Licence 233714 (Westpac). BT is a division of Westpac. Conditions, fees and charges may apply. These may change or we may introduce new ones in the future. Full details are available on request. Lending criteria apply to approval of credit products. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances, so you should consider whether it's appropriate for you. View . This is an overview or summary only and it should not be considered a comprehensive statement on any matter or relied upon as such. Read the disclosure documents for your selected product or service, including the Terms and Conditions or Product Disclosure Statement, before deciding. Unless otherwise specified, the products and services described on this website are available only in Australia from Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714. Information current as at March 2016.