Special Offer: Balance Transfer and rewards points - all in one card
Add in Altitude Platinum benefits and you'll only need a single credit card.
More great reasons to choose Altitude Platinum
Complimentary insurance covers4
Complimentary cover for overseas travel, extended warranty, purchase security, transit accidents, subject to the terms and conditions set out in the Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy.
The sky's the limit with no cap on earning points. Plus, earn points faster by adding one additional cardholder at no extra cost.1
The important numbers
Uncapped points earn rate: 0.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent on eligible purchases6
Ongoing annual card fee: $150
Ongoing annual Altitude Qantas fee: $50
Variable purchase rate: 20.49% p.a.
Variable cash advance rate: 21.49% p.a.
Interest free days on purchases: Up to 45 days2
Minimum credit limit: $6,000
Minimum income required: $30,000
Frequently asked questions
Westpac will not cancel your other Card Account(s). If your aim is to pay down your balances and reduce the number of credit cards you hold, it may be helpful to cancel your old card account(s) once the balance transfer is complete so you don’t use them and accrue more debt. You can cancel a credit card online or over the phone (although you are still liable to pay off any balance).
As a current Westpac Altitude Platinum cardholder, you are eligible for complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance cover, provided:
- You either permanently reside in Australia or hold a current and valid residency Visa and reside in Australia; and
- You spend at least $A500 on your prepaid travel costs (i.e. your travel costs that you pay for before leaving Australia) and you charge these costs to your Altitude Platinum card. This could include return travel tickets, airport or departure taxes, overseas accommodation etc.; and
- You have a return overseas travel ticket before departing Australia; and
- You are not over 80 years of age when you first become eligible for this cover by meeting the above conditions.
Overseas travel insurance 4 (see policy for details)
- Medical and hospital expenses incurred overseas;
- Loss or damage to personal property;
- Loss or damage to travel documents;
- Personal liability cover;
- Rental vehicle excess cover for loss or damage to rental vehicle.
Transit accident insurance 4
The following is a summary only of the benefit available under the Transit accident insurance policy (Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Refer to the for further information).
Transit accident insurance cover against specified accidental death or injury when sustained overseas while riding, boarding or alighting as a passenger in a plane, bus, train or ferry when you have purchased the tickets for the entire trip using either one of your Altitude Platinum cards before you leave.
Purchase security insurance 4
3 months cover against loss, theft or accidental damage for a range of purchases in Australia and overseas provided the item is purchased using either one of your Altitude Platinum cards.
Extended warranty insurance 4
Up to 12 months extended warranty insurance cover (in addition to the manufacturer's expressed Australian warranty) on a range of personal items purchased using one of your Altitude Platinum cards.
|Ongoing annual card fee||
Ongoing annual rewards program
Altitude Rewards: $0
Altitude Qantas: $50
Foreign transaction fee
Payable as a percentage of the Australian dollar value of any foreign transaction.
Applies for transactions in a foreign currency, or in Australian dollars but processed by an overseas merchant or financial institution.
Note: It may not always be clear to you that the Merchant or entity processing the transaction is located outside Australia. More about this fee.
|Cash advance fee
||2.0% or $2.50, whichever is higher (max. $150). If account has a positive balance after the transaction: $2.50 (regardless of transaction value). These charges will appear on your statement directly below the relevant cash advance.|
|Missed payment charge||$15 each statement cycle that the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date.|
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Switches, upgrades or Westpac group staff are ineligible.
This promotion may be varied or withdrawn at any time and is not available in conjunction with any other promotion.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
>>Altitude Platinum Balance Transfer Promotion: This offer is available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Platinum credit card between 10th December 2020 and 31st March 2021, and request at card application to transfer balance(s) from up to 3 non-Westpac Australian issued credit, charge or store cards. A balance transfer fee of 1% will apply to balance(s) transferred to a new Altitude Platinum credit card. The balance transfer fee will be charged to the card account on the same day the balance(s) are debited to the account. The promotional rate will apply to balance(s) transferred (min $200 up to 80% of your approved available credit limit) for the promotional period. Activating your card triggers the processing of the balance transfer. The applicable variable cash advance rate will apply to any unpaid balance transfer amount remaining at the end of the promotional period. Westpac will not be responsible for any delays that may occur in processing payment to your other card account(s) and will not close the account(s). If your account has an interest free period for purchases, to be entitled to that interest free period, you need to pay off the 'Monthly Payment Balance' listed on your statement of account (not the full closing balance) by the relevant payment due date.
++Reduced First year Annual Card Fee: The discounted first year annual card fee of $99 is available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Platinum card between 10th December 2020 and 31st March 2021. After the first year, the $150 annual card fee applies and will be debited to your card account on the 12-month anniversary of the first transaction on your account and annually thereafter.
>>>First year Qantas or Velocity Reward Fee waiver: A first year Annual $50 Qantas or Velocity Rewards fee waiver is available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Platinum card between 10th December 2020 and 31st March 2021. After the first year, the Annual $50 Qantas or Velocity Rewards fee applies and will be debited to your card account annually on the 12-month anniversary of the first transaction on your account and annually thereafter.
>Bonus Altitude, Qantas or Velocity Points Promotion Altitude Platinum: To qualify for this promotion you must apply and be approved for a new Altitude Platinum card between 10th December 2020 and 31st March 2021 and spend the minimum amount of $3,000 on eligible purchases on an Altitude Platinum card within 90 days from card approval in one or more transactions. The bonus Altitude Points, Velocity Points or Qantas Points will be added to your points balance within 12 weeks once you meet the eligible spend criteria. Existing Westpac customers who currently hold an Earth Classic, Earth Platinum, Earth Platinum Plus, Earth Black, Altitude Classic, Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer. Velocity Points or Qantas Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your Velocity or Qantas Points balance on a monthly basis.
†Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees and charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, a purchase from or payment to a local, state or federal government or government related agency, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account.
2. Interest free period is available on purchases when you pay the Closing Balance (or the Monthly Payment Balance with a balance transfer) in full by the payment due date.
1. Additional cardholder: An additional credit card can be issued on the primary cardholder’s account to any nominated person 16 years or over. All transactions using the additional credit card will be the responsibility of the primary cardholder. All Altitude or Qantas Points remain the benefit of the primary cardholder.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible Westpac cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.
6. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Qantas Points is subject to the Altitude Terms and Conditions. Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the Altitude Terms and Conditions. You do not receive points if your card account is in arrears for 2 consecutive statement cycles and in other circumstances. Refer to the Altitude Terms and Conditions for information on how you earn points on transactions. Qantas Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your respective Points balance on a monthly basis.
Altitude Qantas: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. An annual $50 Qantas Rewards fee applies for customers who choose to earn Qantas Points through Altitude Qantas rewards program.
Qantas products and services: Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights with a QF flight number purchased directly from Qantas.com; Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and/ or annual fees. For full Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions, visit Qantas.com/terms.
Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518
Mastercard® is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.