60,000 bonus Qantas Points
More great reasons to choose Altitude Platinum
Complimentary insurance covers4
Complimentary cover for overseas travel, extended warranty, purchase security, transit accidents, subject to the terms and conditions set out in the Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy.
24/7 personal concierge services
Dedicated Westpac Concierge services are on-call 24/7 to fulfil your requests, from restaurant bookings and party planning, to tickets to your favourite game.
The sky's the limit with no cap on earning points. Plus, earn points faster by adding one additional cardholder at no extra cost.1
For this offer you'll receive:
- 60,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply, are approved and spend $3,000 on eligible purchases on the Mastercard within 90 days of card approval. ^
New cards only. Offer excludes customers who hold/held any Westpac Rewards credit card in the last 12 months.^
The important numbers
Uncapped points earn rate: 0.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent on eligible purchases6
Annual card fee: $150
Annual Altitude Qantas fee: $50
Variable purchase rate: 20.49% p.a.
Variable cash advance rate: 21.49% p.a.
Interest free days on purchases: Up to 45 days
Minimum credit limit: $6,000
New cards only. Offer ends 31st March 2020.
Frequently asked questions
As a current Westpac Altitude Platinum cardholder, you are eligible for complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance cover, provided:
- You either permanently reside in Australia or hold a current and valid residency Visa and reside in Australia; and
- You spend at least $A500 on your prepaid travel costs (i.e. your travel costs that you pay for before leaving Australia) and you charge these costs to your Altitude Platinum card. This could include return travel tickets, airport or departure taxes, overseas accommodation etc.; and
- You have a return overseas travel ticket before departing Australia; and
- You are not over 80 years of age when you first become eligible for this cover by meeting the above conditions.
Overseas travel insurance4 (see policy for details)
- Medical and hospital expenses incurred overseas;
- Loss or damage to personal property;
- Loss or damage to travel documents;
- Personal liability cover;
- Rental vehicle excess cover for loss or damage to rental vehicle.
Transit accident insurance4
The following is a summary only of the benefit available under the Transit accident insurance policy (Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Refer to the for further information).
Transit accident insurance cover against specified accidental death or injury when sustained overseas while riding, boarding or alighting as a passenger in a plane, bus, train or ferry when you have purchased the tickets for the entire trip using either one of your Altitude Platinum cards before you leave.
Purchase security insurance4
3 months cover against loss, theft or accidental damage for a range of purchases in Australia and overseas provided the item is purchased using either one of your Altitude Platinum cards.
Extended warranty insurance4
Up to 12 months extended warranty insurance cover (in addition to the manufacturer's expressed Australian warranty) on a range of personal items purchased using one of your Altitude Platinum cards.
|Annual card fee||
|Qantas Rewards fee||
Applies for customers who choose to earn Qantas Points through the Altitude Qantas rewards program.
Foreign transaction fee
Payable as a percentage of the Australian dollar value of any foreign transaction.
Applies for transactions in a foreign currency, or in Australian dollars but processed by an overseas merchant or financial institution.
Note: It may not always be clear to you that the Merchant or entity processing the transaction is located outside Australia. More about this fee.
|Cash advance fee
||2.0% or $2.50, whichever is higher (max. $150). If account has a positive balance after the transaction: $2.50 (regardless of transaction value). These charges will appear on your statement directly below the relevant cash advance.|
|Duplicate statement fee||$2|
|Missed payment charge||$15 each statement cycle that the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date.|
Things you should know
Switches, upgrades, or Westpac Group staff are ineligible. This promotion may be varied or withdrawn at any time and is not available in conjunction with any other promotion.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
^Bonus Rewards Points Promotion for Westpac Altitude Cards: The respective bonus points promotion is available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Platinum card between 1st November 2019 and 31st March 2020 and spend the minimum amount of $3,000 on eligible purchases on an Altitude Platinum card within 90 days from card approval in one or more transactions.
Eligible purchases do not include fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, payments to the Australian Tax Office, BPAY, BPAY equivalent transaction, refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account. The bonus Qantas Points will be added to your points balance within 12 weeks once you meet the eligible spend criteria. Existing Westpac customers who currently hold an Earth Platinum, Earth Platinum Plus, Earth Black, Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer. Qantas Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your Qantas balance on a monthly basis.
1. Additional cardholder: An additional credit card can be issued on the primary cardholder’s account to any nominated person 16 years or over. All transactions using the additional credit card will be the responsibility of the primary cardholder. All Altitude, Velocity or Qantas Points remain the benefit of the primary cardholder.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible Westpac cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.
6. Rewards Points: The earning and redeeming of Qantas Points is subject to the Altitude Qantas Terms and Conditions. Purchases that are not eligible to earn Qantas Points are set out in the Altitude Terms and Conditions. You do not receive points if your card account is in arrears for 2 consecutive statement cycles and in other circumstances. Qantas Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your Qantas Points balance on a monthly basis.
Altitude Qantas: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. An annual $50 Qantas Rewards fee applies for customers who choose to earn Qantas Points through Altitude Qantas rewards program.
Qantas products and services: Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights with a QF flight number purchased directly from Qantas.com; Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and/ or annual fees. For full Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions, visit Qantas.com/terms.
Westpac is the credit provider and credit licensee under National Consumer Credit Laws.
Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518