Altitude Black with Velocity Frequent Flyer
Earn up to 120,000 bonus Velocity Points~
Apply for the Westpac Altitude Black card and spend $4,000 or more on eligible purchases† within 90 days of new card approval and you'll get the initial 90,000 bonus Velocity Points.
Plus, you'll receive an additional 30,000 bonus Velocity Points after making the first eligible purchase† in the second year of your card account being active.~
Offer excludes customers who hold/held any Westpac Rewards credit card in the last 12 months. New cards only. Offer ends 5th August 2020. T&Cs apply.
The important numbers
Our Altitude Black credit card brings you a high, uncapped points earn rate with your preferred rewards program, airport lounge access3, complimentary insurances4 and other black card benefits. The minimum income to apply for this card is $75,000.
Uncapped points earn rate: 0.75 Velocity Points per dollar spent on eligible purchases6
Annual card fee: $250
Annual Altitude Velocity fee: $50
Variable purchase rate: 20.49% p.a.
Variable cash advance rate: 21.49% p.a.
Interest free days on purchases: Up to 45
Minimum credit limit: $15,000
Minimum income required: $75,000
Why choose Westpac Altitude Black with Velocity Frequent Flyer?
Complimentary lounge passes3
Relax before you fly with 2 complimentary Virgin Australia domestic airport lounge passes each year. See FAQs for how to redeem.
Complimentary insurance covers4
Complimentary cover for overseas travel, extended warranty, purchase security transit accidents, subject to the terms and conditions set out in the Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy.
24/7 personal concierge services
Dedicated Westpac Concierge services are on-call 24/7 to fulfil your requests, from restaurant bookings and party planning, to tickets to your favourite game.
Download the app
Frequently asked questions
When you choose Altitude Velocity rewards you can also enjoy 2 Economy X seat upgrades a year, on selected domestic Virgin Australia flights.* To receive the upgrades, simply provide us with your Velocity Frequent Flyer number and make a direct spend at Virgin Australia on your Altitude Black Mastercard. Vouchers will then be available in your Velocity Frequent Flyer account within 10 business days.*
To redeem your Economy X Seat Upgrade vouchers you must first book an eligible domestic flight directly with Virgin Australia. Once you have booked an eligible domestic flight with Virgin Australia, you will need to call the Virgin Australia Guest Contact Centre on 1300 038 373 to redeem your Economy X Seat Upgrade vouchers.*
As a current Westpac Altitude Black cardholder, you are eligible for complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance cover, provided you:
1. You either permanently reside in Australia or hold a current and valid residency Visa and reside in Australia; and
2. You spend at least $A500 on your prepaid travel costs (i.e. your travel costs that you pay for before leaving Australia) and you charge these costs to your Altitude Black card. This could include return travel tickets, airport or departure taxes, overseas accommodation etc.; and
3. You have a return overseas travel ticket before departing Australia; and
4. You are not over 80 years of age when you first become eligible for this cover by meeting the above conditions.
Overseas travel insurance4 (see policy for details)
- Medical and hospital expenses incurred overseas;
- Loss or damage to personal property;
- Loss or damage to travel documents;
- Personal liability cover;
- Rental vehicle excess cover for loss or damage to rental vehicle;
- Unexpected cancellation of travel arrangements and other unexpected expenses.
Transit accident insurance4
Transit accident insurance cover against specified accidental death or injury when sustained while riding, boarding or alighting as a passenger in a plane, bus, train or ferry when you have purchased the tickets for the entire trip using your Altitude Black card before you leave.
Purchase security insurance4
4 months cover against loss, theft or accidental damage for a range of new personal items purchased in Australia and overseas using your Altitude Black Card.
Extended warranty insurance4
Up to 24 months extended warranty insurance cover (in addition to the manufacturer's expressed Australian warranty) on a range of new personal items purchased using your Altitude Black card.
Your Altitude Black card comes with a personal concierge service, which you can access through our app or the Altitude Black Card Priority Service line. The team is available to help you 24/7 with jobs such as booking a table at your favourite restaurant, organising flight tickets, finding a gift or locking in accommodation for your next getaway.
|Annual card fee||
|Annual Altitude Velocity fee||$50
Foreign transaction fee
Payable as a percentage of the Australian dollar value of any foreign transaction.
Applies for transactions in a foreign currency, or in Australian dollars but processed by an overseas merchant or financial institution.
Note: It may not always be clear to you that the Merchant or entity processing the transaction is located outside Australia. More about this fee.
|Cash advance fee
||2.0% or $2.50, whichever is higher (max. $150; an additional $2.50 charge applies if account has a positive balance after the transaction). These charges will appear on your statement directly below the relevant cash advance.|
|Duplicate statement fee||$2.00|
|Missed payment charge||$15 each statement cycle that the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date.|
Things you should know
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
~Bonus Qantas or Velocity Points Promotion Altitude Black: To be eligible for up to 120,000 bonus Velocity or Qantas Points, you must apply and be approved for a new Altitude Black credit card between 1st April 2020 and 5th August 2020.
You will receive an initial 90,000 bonus points if you spend $4,000 or more on eligible purchases within 90 days of card approval. These will be credited to your points balance within 12 weeks of meeting this spend criteria.
You will receive an additional 30,000 bonus points if you keep your account open for more than 12 months and continue to use the card. These additional points will be credited to your points balance within 12 weeks, after the first eligible purchase is made in the second year of your card account being active.
If you do not meet the minimum spend criteria within 90 days of card approval, you forfeit the initial 90,000 bonus points only. However, you are still eligible for the additional 30,000 bonus points in the second year if you continue to use your card.
Existing Westpac customers who currently hold an Earth Classic, Earth Platinum, Earth Platinum Plus, Earth Black, Altitude Classic, Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer.
Velocity or Qantas Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your Velocity or Qantas Points balance on a monthly basis.
†Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees and charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, payments to the Australian Tax Office, government charges, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account.
*Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers Two complimentary Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers (for eligible domestic flights only) are available to Westpac Altitude Platinum Mastercard and Westpac Altitude Black Mastercard primary cardholders earning Velocity Points through the Altitude Velocity rewards program. To be eligible, your card account must not be in arrears for more than two consecutive statement cycles in accordance with the Altitude Terms and Conditions, you must have provided Westpac with your Velocity Frequent Flyer number and you have made a direct spend with Virgin Australia on your Altitude Platinum Mastercard or Altitude Black Mastercard every year from card open date. Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers are valid for 12 months from date of issuance and will appear on your Velocity Frequent Flyer membership account within 10 business days of meeting eligible spend. Economy X Seat Upgrades are available to other passengers travelling on the same itinerary with the primary cardholder. To redeem, book an eligible domestic flight on your Altitude Platinum Mastercard or Altitude Black Mastercard, then call the Virgin Australia Guest Contact Centre on 1300 038 373 at least 24 hours prior to your flight to apply your Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers. You can find out if your flight is eligible by calling Virgin Australia on 1300 038 373.
Voucher benefits cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. Each Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher can only be redeemed on an eligible non-stop Virgin Australia operated domestic Australian flight. The Economy X Upgrade Voucher is valid per single flight sector only. The flight on which the Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher is redeemed may be part of a multi-flight itinerary but the Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher can be applied to only one flight sector. All Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher redemptions are subject to availability and neither Virgin Australia nor Westpac guarantee that Economy X seats will be available on the flight you may wish to redeem on. Economy X seat availability may be limited to certain dates and/or flights and it may be more difficult to book seats around public holidays, school holidays or special events. All travel is subject to the Virgin Australia Fare Conditions and Virgin Australia Conditions of Carriage as amended from time to time. No Velocity Points or Status Credits will be awarded for Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher redemptions.
Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher redemption is subject to the Westpac Altitude Velocity Platinum Mastercard and Westpac Altitude Velocity Black Mastercard Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher Conditions. All travel is subject to the Economy X Standard Terms and Conditions.
3. Virgin Australia Lounge Passes: Two complimentary single entry Virgin Australia Domestic Lounge Passes are available to Westpac Altitude Black Mastercard cardholders earning Velocity Points through the Altitude Velocity rewards program. To be eligible, your card account must not be in arrears for more than two consecutive statement cycles in accordance with the Altitude Terms and Conditions, you must have provided Westpac with your Velocity Frequent Flyer number and you have made a direct spend with Virgin Australia every year on your Altitude Black Mastercard from your card open date. Virgin Australia Lounge Passes are valid for 12 months from date of issuance and will appear on your Velocity Frequent Flyer membership account within 10 business days of meeting eligible spend. Virgin Australia lounge is operated by Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd in selected domestic airport locations and entry is subject to the Westpac Altitude Velocity Black Mastercard Lounge Pass Conditions and Virgin Australia Lounge Terms and Conditions and is subject to change from time to time.
Altitude Velocity: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the Velocity Frequent Flyer program. An annual $50 Velocity Rewards fee applies for customers who choose to earn Velocity Points through the Altitude Velocity rewards program.
6. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Velocity Points is subject to the Altitude Terms and Conditions. Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the Altitude Terms and Conditions. You do not receive points if your card account is in arrears for 2 consecutive statement cycles and in other circumstances. Refer to the Altitude Terms and Conditions for information on how you earn points on transactions. Velocity Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your respective Points balance on a monthly basis.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible Westpac cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.
Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518
Mastercard® is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.