What you're applying for
Let’s recap on your choice of an Altitude Rewards Black card – before you start your application.
The important numbers
|Annual card fee
|Variable purchase rate
|Variable cash advance rate
|Minimum credit limit
Get up to 150,000 bonus Altitude Rewards Points
Get up to150,000 bonus Altitude Rewards Points^ — 100,000 Rewards Points in year 1 if you spend $6k+ on eligible purchases† within 120 days of new card approval and an extra 50,000 points after your first eligible purchase in year 2.
You can redeem 150,000 Altitude Rewards Points for up to $700 in eGift cards at a range of retailers or choose merchandise from our online store5.
Offer not available if you’ve held an Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black card with Altitude Rewards, Qantas or Velocity in the last 12 months. T&Cs apply.
What you'll get
- Up to 6 Altitude Points per $ spent with select Altitude Black partners¹
- 1.25 Altitude Points per $ spent on all other eligible purchases†, uncapped⁶
- Complimentary travel and purchase insurances⁴
- 2 Priority Pass airport lounge passes each year³
- Concierge Services
- Up to 45 days interest-free on purchases²
- Option to split purchases of $100 or more into 4 payments over 6 weeks using PartPay Card
- A higher interest rate on purchases than our non-rewards cards
- Our highest annual card fee
- Our Low Rate and Low Fee cards offer up to 55 days interest-free on purchases
Check whether you’re more likely to be approved
What you'll need
At least two forms of ID
Australian driver licence, Medicare card, Passport, Australian birth certificate (Have your mobile handy as we’ll be sending you verification codes).
Home loan, personal loans, other credit or store cards as well as instalment purchases like Zip Pay.
Proof of income
Recent payslips, Government statements, rental income proof. For self-employed, recent business bank statements and previous ATO Notice of Assessment.
Still not sure what you need? Check our application documents page for all the details.
Check your credit history
Before applying you may like to confirm that your credit report is up-to-date. Head to CreditSmart.org.au and follow the links to a free credit report (subject to eligibility). More about credit reports.
A final check that this is the right credit option for you. Credit cards are a secure payment method for short-term borrowing needs such as everyday purchases or unplanned expenses, with some cards offering additional features like rewards. However, there are instances where it might be worth considering another form of credit:
- You have a longer-term or specific borrowing need, like a car or home renovations. In this case, view our Personal loans
- You want a repayment schedule with fixed repayments and a defined loan end-date. In this case, view our Personal loans
- You need ongoing help with short-term cashflow (and if applying online, already have a Westpac Home Loan, or paid your income into one of our transaction or savings accounts for over six months). In this case, view our Flexi Loan.
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Credit Card Product Switches, upgrades or Westpac group staff are ineligible.
This promotion may be varied or withdrawn at any time and is not available in conjunction with any other promotion.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
^Bonus Altitude Points Promotion Altitude Black: To be eligible for up to 150,000 bonus Altitude Points, you must apply and be approved for a new Altitude Black Rewards credit card with Altitude Rewards between 2nd November 2023 and 31st July 2024. You will receive an initial 100,000 bonus points if you spend $6k or more on eligible purchases within 120 days of card approval. These will be credited to your points balance within 12 weeks of meeting this spend criteria. You will receive an additional 50,000 bonus points if you keep your account open for more than 12 months and continue to use the card. These additional points will be credited to your points balance within 12 weeks, after the first eligible purchase is made in the second year of your card account being active. If you do not meet the minimum spend criteria within 120 days of card approval, you forfeit the initial 100,000 bonus points only. However, you are still eligible for the additional 50,000 bonus points in the second year if you continue to use your card. Existing Westpac customers who currently hold an Earth Classic, Earth Platinum, Earth Platinum Plus, Earth Black, Altitude Classic, Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer. Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees and charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, a purchase from or payment to a local, state or federal government or government related agency, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account. Credit Card Product Switches, upgrades or Westpac group staff are ineligible for this offer.
##Reduced First year Card Fee for Altitude Rewards Black: The discounted first year card fee of $150 is available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Rewards Black credit card between 2nd November 2023 and 31st July 2024. After the first year, the card fee reverts to $295 thereafter, and will be debited to your account annually on the 12-month anniversary of the Card Fee date.
1. Accelerated Earn - Flights: Earn 6 points per dollar on the first $10,000 spent on flights per calendar month, then 1.25 points per $1 spent thereafter on the Altitude Black Mastercard. Or earn 3 points per dollar on the first $10,000 on flights per calendar month, then 1 point per $1 spent thereafter on the Altitude Platinum Mastercard. Points earn applies to flights purchased in Australia directly with the above listed participating airlines using your Altitude Black Mastercard or Altitude Platinum Mastercard. Excludes flights not purchased directly with the participating airlines for example flights purchased through a travel agent, online aggregators or other airlines such as a code-share etc. Excludes Altitude Qantas, Altitude Velocity and Visa cards. Participating airlines are subject to change.
<<< Accelerated Earn - Shop, Stream, Ride and Stay: Applies only to domestic spend made in Australian dollars or any other currency (and converted to Australian dollars) using your card or card account with a Merchant who is located in Australia. Excludes Westpac Altitude Qantas and Westpac Altitude Velocity. Participating merchants are subject to change.
†Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees and charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, a purchase from or payment to a local, state or federal government or government related agency, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account.
2. Interest free period is available when you pay the Closing Balance (or the Monthly Payment Balance if you have a Balance Transfer, a SmartPlan or a PartPay Card) in full by the payment due date.
3. Complimentary Lounge Passes
Priority Pass Membership: Available to Westpac Altitude Black primary cardholders earning Altitude Points through the Altitude Rewards program. Requires enrolment through prioritypass.com/westpacblack. The Primary Cardholder receives two complimentary visits in any 12-month period, one of which may be used by an accompanying guest. Subsequent visits in the 12-month period incur an additional cost, currently US$32 per person, per visit, which will be automatically charged to the primary cardholder's Altitude Black card. A Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee will apply to the conversion amount. Unused visits expire and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. Visit the Contact Us page on www.prioritypass.com for enquiries about the Priority Pass program. Subject to the Priority Pass Conditions Of Use.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631, trading as Allianz Global Assistance (AGA), under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 (Allianz), has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible persons to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Access to the benefit of cover under the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance is provided to eligible Westpac cardholders by operation of s48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). If an eligible persons wishes to claim any of these benefits, they will be bound by the eligibility criteria, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions contained in the which may be amended from time to time. This insurance is underwritten by Allianz. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance. This information does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account. Consider its appropriateness to these factors before acting on it.
5. Converting Altitude Points: You can redeem the points earned on your Altitude Black Altitude Rewards credit card for cash back or gift cards via the Altitude Rewards website. The estimated cashback and gift card value in above examples are based on current redemption rates as at 2nd November 2023 and is subject to change without notification. All redemption of Altitude Rewards points are subject to availability and the .
6. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Altitude Points, Velocity Points and Qantas Points are subject to the . Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the . You do not receive points if you have not paid the Minimum Payment Due in full and on time and in other circumstances. Points earnt for Purchases are based on the full value of the purchase, and not on each instalment amount. Qantas and Velocity Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your respective Points balance on a monthly basis.
For Altitude Qantas Platinum cards, earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $100,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. For Altitude Qantas Black cards, earn 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $250,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. This annual limit resets in January each year, based on your statement date. Bonus Points earned are not part of your annual cap.
Concierge Services are provided by a third party supplier. For further details including terms and conditions visit westpac.tenconcierge.com
Altitude Rewards: You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem Altitude Points for frequent flyer points. The Altitude Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant frequent flyer program apply. A joining fee may apply. Availability of Reward flights may be limited.