80,000 + 20,000 bonus Qantas or Altitude points
Start with the Altitude Black credit card.
Land where you've been dreaming of.
Enjoy bonus Altitude or Qantas Points and the impressive range of Altitude Black benefits. Apply by 31st January 2018. New cards only.
Take your rewards to new heights
Offer ends 31st January 2018. New cards only.
80,000 Qantas or Altitude Points
when you spend $5,000 on eligible purchases on a new Altitude Black credit card within 90 days from card approval.
20,000 Qantas or Altitude Points
on card approval1.
$200 off the first year annual card fee
(bringing the card fee to $1952)
The important numbers
Variable purchase rate: 20.24% p.a.
Variable cash advance rate: 20.74% p.a.
Ongoing annual card fee: $395
Your choice of rewards program
Opt in for either Altitude Points or Qantas Points, and earn points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases.
The best parts of Altitude Black
There's no limit to the amount of points you can earn with your chosen rewards program, either Altitude Points or Qantas points.
Complimentary insurance cover
This includes Overseas Travel Insurance, Extended Warranty Insurance and Transit Accident Insurance, as set out in your policy.
Download the app
24/7 personal concierge services
Dedicated Westpac Concierge services are on-call 24/7 to fulfil your requests, from restaurant bookings and party planning, to tickets to your favourite game.
More great reasons to choose Altitude Black
Frequently asked questions
As a current Westpac cardholder, you automatically become eligible for complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance cover – as long as you meet the following criteria:
- You're a permanent Australian resident or you hold a current and valid 457 Visa and live in Australia
- You spend at least $A500 on your travel costs before you leave Australia using one of your Altitude Black or Platinum cards. This could include return travel tickets, airport or departure taxes, overseas accommodation etc.
- You have a return overseas travel ticket before leaving Australia
- You're not over 80 years of age when you first become eligible for this cover, by meeting the above conditions.
For full details on complimentary insurance, please see the Complimentary Insurance Policy PDF.
Things you should know
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
Fees, charges and credit criteria apply. Read the terms and conditions available for download above before making a decision.
1. Special promotion: The bonus points promotion is available when you apply for a new Westpac Altitude Black credit card via this page between 4 September 2017 and 31st January 2018. The bonus points will be credited to your points balance as follows: 20,000 points within 8 weeks of card approval and 80,000 points within 12 weeks after the eligible spend criteria being met. Spend criteria is a minimum amount of $5,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days from card approval. Eligible purchases do not include fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, BPAY, refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account. To be eligible, the account must be open and not in arrears at the time of crediting points. Existing Westpac customers who currently hold an Altitude Black or Altitude Platinum credit card, or who have held one in the last 12 months are not eligible for this offer. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn Qantas Points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions.
2. Discounted annual card fee in first year promotion: The discounted first year annual card fee promotion is available when you apply for a new Altitude Black card between 29th June 2017 and 31st January 2018. The first annual card fee at the rate will be debited to your card account on your first transaction and the full annual card fee, currently $395, will be debited annually thereafter.
Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Altitude Points and Qantas Points is subject to the Altitude Rewards and Altitude Qantas Terms and Conditions. Points are earned on eligible purchases only and exclusions and limitations apply. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Points. You will not earn points if your card account is in arrears for two consecutive statements cycles and in other circumstances. Bonus points do not count towards the points cap. Qantas Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your Qantas Points balance on a monthly basis.
You do not earn Altitude Points or Qantas Points on payments to the Australian Taxation Office.
Altitude Rewards: You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem Altitude Points for frequent flyer points. The Altitude Rewards Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant frequent flyer program apply. A joining fee may apply. Availability of Reward flights may be limited. For more information on the Altitude Rewards program, visit altituderewards.com.au.
Altitude Qantas: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
Qantas & Partner Classic Reward Seats are subject to capacity controls and availability is limited. The number of seats available depends on the flight, date, season and destination. Some flights may not have any Classic Reward seats available. For Classic Reward flights, taxes, fees and carrier charges are payable in addition to the points required, are subject to change and are quoted at the time of booking. Reward flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advance booking requirements may apply).
Flight Upgrades are subject to capacity controls and availability is limited. Flight upgrades are not available on Classic Rewards or on international airfares booked in E, N, O, P, Q, and X class (which includes some Any Seat Rewards and some Red e-Deals). You must have an eligible paid and confirmed ticket on a Qantas operated service (with a QF flight number on your ticket).
Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Rewards are available on any flight with a QF or JQ flight number. The points required will be quoted when booked. There is no fixed relationship between the cash price charges by the applicable airline for a seat and the points required to redeem an Any Seat Reward through Qantas Frequent Flyer. Special promotional fares may not apply. Reward flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advanced booking requirements may apply). For more information see qantas.com/frequentflyer. The Jetstar Any Seat Rewards booking service is operated by Carlson Marketing Group (Aust) Pty Ltd trading as Carlson Leisure Travel Service Licence No. 2TA 5778, IATA 02-3-59523.
For more information on the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, visit qantas.com/frequentflyer.
Complimentary insurance covers: QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 AFSL 239545 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 which allows eligible Westpac account holders and cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions, of the group policy, are set out in the Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy, which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee the insurance. You can get a copy of the policy booklet by calling 1300 130 961.
Complimentary insurance covers (effective 1 October 2017): AWP Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 52 097 227 177, AFSL 245631, of 74 High Street, Toowong, QLD 4066 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the underwriter, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850, AFSL 234708, has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac), of 275 Kent Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 which allows eligible Westpac account holders and cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee the insurance. You can get a copy of the policy booklet by downloading the (effective 1 October 2017).
Westpac is the credit provider and credit licensee under National Consumer Credit Laws.
Samsung is a trademark of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
American Express® is a registered trademark of American Express. The Westpac American Express Card is issued by Westpac Banking Corporation pursuant to a license from American Express.
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks, and PayPass is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.